November 19, 2017, 01:42:57 AM

Author Topic: dog food  (Read 2872 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
dog food
« on: January 07, 2007, 01:34:55 AM »
what is everyone feeding these days? i just started canidae and if everything goes well i will be switching over completely.i have one dog starting it.the other two are eating diamond,sporting dog.i also use bee-pollen packaged by solid gold.spring i will be trying either rf-1 by cni or amino-plex 5000 with GP Creatine.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: dog food
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2007, 01:46:04 AM »
usually black gold but I do have a couple of dogs that do really good on ol roy hi protien
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2007, 02:02:24 AM »
which type of black gold?

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2007, 02:07:08 AM »
26-18
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2007, 03:09:00 AM »
the ultimate 25/14 looks to be good.how much is the 26/18

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2007, 07:54:51 AM »
Iams, I think is how you spell it. That, and squirrel tidbits.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2007, 01:59:56 PM »
Stray cats and smaller dogs...... 

I've heard that Black Gold is the best.  There is a factory that makes it in my town, but you can't even buy it here! 

My wife's uncle has to order it off the internet somewhere and pay shipping.
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

travo

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2007, 09:15:34 PM »
ol' roy for Duke,my golden retreiver. also table scraps.

Offline NJHUNTER

« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2007, 10:46:48 PM »
I have a buddy of mine that has been feeding his dogs raw venison (ground) for years!!! all the stuff he doesn't take to the table he gets ground makes into patties and freezes them. he pulls out a weeks supply of patties for the week and lets them defrost for the following week. his dogs are in great shape,.....strong & lean!!! He chops up veggies too and mixes that into the ground when defrosted. His vet said that was the best thinng he could've done for the dogs...natural enzymes. I'm thinking of doing the same when i move into the new house...where i can put in a nice size freezer.

Anyone know anyone else who does this?
Anyone got a tasty recipe for this?

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2007, 12:40:05 AM »
i tried barf out on one dog but having 3 dogs it just isn`t cost effective what so ever.barf is the absolute best  way to feed your animals.i have never heard anyone go quite the route you have mentioned.i myself like to better control exactly what the dogs are eating when going barf so i would never use table scraps.i do like how you did mention enzymes though. adding some form of enzyme to your dogs diet will do wonders! feeding the most un-plateable dogfood with enzymes is so much more better than no enzymes.again i like to know just what is going on with my animals so precision feeding is a must.adding enzymes did shave off about a 1/4 of what i was feeding and the points of interest on certain dog food are more pronounced ie:food geared for better skin and coat is enhanced rather noticeably.the stool is smaller and more consistant(meaning the dogs insides are working at optimum levels VS. loose or soft stools meaning something inside just isn`t quite right.)some dogs who have digestive problems benifit greatly from adding enzymes.you know those farting dogs...yepp enzymes decrease if not stop this all together(gas is normally cause by a few different factors.simply feeding better food may eliminate gas as well.)

remember you expect the BEST your dog can do...well why not start by feeding him the BEST you can do!

Facebook Comments