November 22, 2017, 02:24:27 AM

Author Topic: dog food  (Read 2874 times)

Offline rice river

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Do I have a license to kill yet??
Re: dog food
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2007, 09:39:32 PM »
I fed the dogs purina one lamb and rice with yougart.  I'm looking for something simaliar but cheaper.  It's almost $30 a bag and they go through about 3 bags a month. Plus table scraps and the little guy feeds them everything.  They both love oranges. :roll:
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: January 13, 2007, 10:03:52 AM »
I used to know a family near Creston, Iowa that had a pet coyote in a large fenced pen. They fed him deer they shot for him. In the winter they would toss a deer in his pen, and when he had that one cleaned up, they would shoot and toss in another one. The coyote was healthy, lean, and real friendly.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #12 on: January 13, 2007, 02:46:23 PM »
I feed the purina one high performance.  My dogs do great on it and keep their weight well even when being worked hard. 
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2007, 08:02:56 PM »
I fed the dogs purina one lamb and rice with yougart.  I'm looking for something simaliar but cheaper.  It's almost $30 a bag and they go through about 3 bags a month.
dang thats all I'll trade you feed bills for a month :twisted: ;D course its all the money is worth it when I turn the hounds onto a smokin hot deer race ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2007, 10:05:34 PM »
thank goodness i have no children or wives for that matter  ;D ;D the dogs is where i spend the bulk of my money.this is the diet i  started with one of my dogs for the spring dog showing/hangtime season.

• CANIDAE Kibble (1½ Cups)
• Beef Chunks +  Livers/Hearts + Jack Mackerel (Ό lb.) (alternate daily)
• Cheddar/Jack Cheeses (3 oz.)
• Long Grain Natural Brown Rice (½ cup)
• Collard Greens (½ cup)
• AMINO PLEX 5000 (2 tsp.)
• Flax Oil (2-3 tbsp.)
•Solid Gold Bee Pollen (1 tbsp)

+ a few more "secrets"
here is the little guy standing at 48lbs middle of dec. he should be around44-45lbs for the summer season

travo

« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2007, 10:09:07 PM »
that friggin dog eats better than i do.

Facebook Comments