November 23, 2017, 07:52:32 AM

Author Topic: Shot Distance  (Read 2164 times)

Offline southern sun

• Rookie Club Member
Shot Distance
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2003, 02:28:22 AM »
ah, we're just "pickin' at chee.  lol.  i don't mind trackin'.  just don't like it when there ain't enough blood to follow, ya follerin' me.
P.S.  I QUIT!  I'M GOIN' HUNTIN'!!

april

Shot Distance
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2003, 04:55:13 AM »
That's a big 10-4. :wink:

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
Shot Distance
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2003, 11:03:37 AM »
Only been at this 3 years . Got 2 seven pointers first was maybe 20 yards. Second was only 20 feet. I got excited when he grunted, soon as I had a shot I pulled the trigger. Man that M-1 Garand 30-06 Just aint fogiving at that close range. I blew out 2 or 3 of his vertebrea. Droped him on the spot though.
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Shot Distance
« Reply #13 on: December 10, 2003, 12:37:43 PM »
I shot a rabbit when I was a kid with an old hex barrel Winchester pump .22 WRF. The muzzle wasn't more than an inch from his head. Yeah, he thought he was hid real good!  I have a big Cinnamon bear on my wall that I killed with an old 12 GA. double barreled Stevens. He was a real trouble maker near Cotton, Minn. One day I saw him rush two gals with a bunch of kids that were berry picking. Trouble was, I was in my tree stand and the bear and another was right under me, and I was just ready to loose the arrow. The people came out into my clearing and the damn cinamon rushed them. They didn't see the bear until it hauled up just a few yards from them. I was hollering  to try and warn them and hopefully scare off the bear, but he ignored me. The two gals took off running, which is usuall the wrong thing to do. The kids were out front leading the pack. Well, then Mr. nasty just walked back into the brush. That day was shot, so the next day I went bact in and took my old Stevens. I practically ran right into the bear going around a thick bush. The bear rose up on his hind legs and then just looked at me. I swung up on him but sure as heck didn't want to shoot that close. The bear dropped down and ran a tight circle on me, and I killed him when he was stepping in on me. The cutload took him right in the side of the neck, blew up two neck bones, and severed the spinal cord. I am glad I wasn't carrying the bow that morning! He was less than 3 feet from my muzzle when I shot him. He flopped like a chicken all over the place, and really cleared some brush! I was busy keeping out of his way. I had loaded one barrel with a cutload and one with a slug, just in case I was going to have a run in with him. I didn't select the barrel when I shot, I just pulled a trigger, and it happened to be the cutload, fortunately.  Cutloads kick like heck, but I don't remember the recoil! :shock:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments