December 12, 2017, 11:17:03 AM

Author Topic: Leatherman Tools  (Read 4685 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Leatherman Tools
« on: January 09, 2007, 11:13:14 AM »
How many of you guys and dolls own a Leatherman Tool? ???

Last time I checked, between the wife, son, and I, we have about 6 or 7 different ones.  There was even one made by Gerber floating around the house for a while, but it broke.  My wife carries one with her, believe it or not, the model with the scissors.  We have one in each car, one in the outdoor kit, etc., etc.  Anyhow, I have had Two (2) Super Tools so far; the only reason I am up to two is because I lost one in the Great Canoe Wreck of 2004.

When they first came out I though, just another expensive gimick that is bound to go way of the pet rock.  After owning a few of them, I can honestly say I don't know how I ever got along without one.  They certainly beat a Swiss Army Knife any day of the week.

I am now thinking about getting the new Leatherman Vista.  Anyone buy one yet?  It is a model with pruning shears and a decent saw blade, that would certainly come in handy for trimming pesky maple trees.  It also has a choke tube wrench built into it.  Seems like yet another wonderful piece of outdoor equipment.  Here is the link to it.

http://www.leatherman.com/products/tools/Vista/default.asp

So, again, how many of you own one and if you don't, why not?

Plus, got any good stories about yours?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2007, 11:17:11 AM by Mad River »
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
Re: Leatherman Tools
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2007, 11:26:10 AM »
I have two of them.  The Surge and the Micra.  The Surge is huge so I just leave it in the truck in case I need it.  It has just about everything you could want on it.  (Not choke tube wrenches.  I didn't know that was an option.  Very cool though.)I use the Micra EVERY DAYfor something or another.  It is small enough to carry around in your pocket.  They are great tools to have.
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2007, 02:40:26 PM »
lets see owned one snapped the needlenose off, bought another one and tore up the cutters, gave it to sister in law. got a gerber tool, and never looked back! i also carry the micra with me everywhere.. nothing better than being out on the bike and snapping the chain and monkeying a hunk of chothes hanger for a link just to get ya to a town! they are a great lil tool!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2007, 03:14:29 PM »
got a gerber tool, and never looked back!!

Jake got a Gerber Multi Tool and he destroyed the thing in about a month.  The pliers separated from the handles and wouldn't go back together again.

I have never had a single bit of trouble with my Super Tool.  If I am not mistaken, the Leatherman Tools have a 25 Year Warrantee.  You should have sent that bad boy back and got a new one.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2007, 04:00:35 PM »
got a gerber tool, and never looked back!!

Jake got a Gerber Multi Tool and he destroyed the thing in about a month.  The pliers separated from the handles and wouldn't go back together again.

one of those ones that havethe replacable jaws?  the one i haveis the previousmodel before they went to the different tips jobbers.. yeah i think the leatherman is warrenteed for 25, or something like that. I just said heck with it and tossed the thing.. but i also have a marlboro promo swiss armyknife (got a couple of them) and they work good for certain things..  oh and another story for the leatherman (I sent this one in to them also) the sis in law was stuck in middle of nowhere with a blown hard line brakeline, i was able to cut file flat and twist the new line on with it...

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #5 on: January 10, 2007, 11:53:18 AM »
I have never owned the Leatherman....but they sure are nice.....I am like Tweety......I've owned the Gerber multipurpose tool and I love it.....I just recently used it to prune by Christmas tree  ;D  It is usually attached to my fishing bag, but I take it off to take it hunting....I'll have to get a new one at some time cause the wire cutter is screwed up because I tried to cut something that was harder than the cutter and now it's all messed up..... ;D

They are great and sure beat the crap out a swiss army knife..... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2007, 09:36:57 AM »
I carry a Leatherman, it is with me where ever I am. I use it every day, believe it or not.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

travo

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2007, 07:48:56 PM »
gotta winchester multitool very useful.i like it better than my old leatherman.

Offline Morax

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2007, 08:02:05 PM »
it just sunk in where the tweety came from!!   the wifes front license plate was tweety with a tude! now i remember!!!  i have checked out the "new" leatherman with the extra bit driver pieces, thought that was nifty looking but the more i thought of it the more i figured i didnt need to cart the extra things with me..

Offline bohicajuan

• On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2007, 12:45:12 AM »
Don't leave home without one! O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Facebook Comments