October 22, 2017, 04:58:14 PM

Author Topic: Leatherman Tools  (Read 4606 times)

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
Re: Leatherman Tools
« Reply #10 on: January 17, 2007, 08:27:58 AM »
it just sunk in where the tweety came from!!   the wifes front license plate was tweety with a tude! now i remember!!!

Interesting, I never noticed that plate. ???  Actually, that day you tripped on that log, when you got up, you looked like Tweety after he drank the Dr. Jeckel / Mr. Hyde Potion. ;D  That's where it came from. ;D
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #11 on: January 17, 2007, 02:02:35 PM »
AHHHAHAHHAHAHAH heheheh   I knew gravity existed but man it sure showed itself that day!! that was my immatation of a tree falling in the woods...   THUD.
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 07:42:46 PM »
I got a wee little one most likely the micra. A leatherman kick . a husky multi that came with a lock bladed knife carry these. A buck knife. Rapala fillet knife. And close to a hundred little swisses and swiss wantabes to equip the boyscouts.
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 09:07:56 PM »
the first time i ever saw one was when my father came back from desert storm. i found it in his pac and thought it was a butterfly knife  ;D ;D i was so excited about finding the thing. i whipped it out to show my friends and took it out of the case only to find it was what it was  ;D ;D ever since then i have a thing with leatermans!! :twisted:

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: February 12, 2007, 10:18:35 AM »
I read a claim in a knife magazine that the Leatherman was the most used tool during Desert Storm.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2007, 11:18:12 AM »
Yeah if you search on E-bay, you can find people selling military issued Gerber tools.... O0

Heck, Gerber makes a tool that has a specific crimper for explosive caps....plus they sell a tool that comes with all the atachments to find and disarm land mines..... :shock:

Sounds like they might have a lock on the military market.... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline bass stalker

« Reply #16 on: February 16, 2007, 08:17:24 PM »
I own only one the leatherman wave, got it for christmas and figured it was just another gimmick. my was I wrong.. fishing, hunting, bottle opening, chasing wife around house lol..If my wife ever discovered how useful it is, I'll never see it again..as one of the members stated a swiss what?

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #17 on: February 16, 2007, 08:42:14 PM »
chasing wife around house lol..If my wife ever discovered how useful it is, I'll never see it again..
now shame on you runnin with sharp objects :twisted: ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline olhippie

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #18 on: July 01, 2007, 10:29:27 PM »
...I'm a maintenance guy and handyman and have used Gerber tools for many years now. Actualy since they first came out and didn't feature the locking devices they do now. I prefer them to the Leatherman tool since I find the slide open design much handier than the folding hinged handle styling of the Leatherman. The Gerber has a lifetime warranty and i've enjoyed sending two broken tools back over the years to recieve free of charge, the updated models. I use the tool EVERYDAY, MANY TIMES PER DAY,and can not imagine being without it!

Offline Stargazer57

« Reply #19 on: July 02, 2007, 02:15:06 PM »
I like Gerber.

I have used Gerber multi-pliers for over 15 years, dating back to my Army days as a Bradley Master Gunner.  I liked the Gerber better because the Leatherman at the time had narrower handles and the tools swung out from the outside of the handle.  When squeezing hard on the pliers, the edges of the handles cut into my palms.  I could get more force with the Gerber pliers.

I also own several Gerber knives and a Gerber folding saw (for when I use my tree stand).  My first Gerber was a Mark II over 25 years ago when I was a young Ranger.  Sadly, I messed it up on a parachute landing.

My son got me a muzzle loadiing multi-tool branded as Winchester, but I do not know who makes it.

Facebook Comments