October 19, 2017, 09:00:39 AM

Author Topic: scopes  (Read 1132 times)

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
scopes
« on: January 16, 2007, 02:21:35 PM »
Should scopes be legal to use in all state and counties where muzzel loaders are legally used for hunting purposes?
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
Re: scopes
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2007, 02:29:00 PM »
I think they should be legal.  Anything that allows a hunter to make better shots for a quick kill should be legal in my book......
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 01:01:56 PM »
It would depend on what the purpose of the season is.  If it's for flintlock only, then no, keep it traditional.  If the purpose of the season is to increase harvest, then allow them.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 01:08:01 PM »
It would depend on what the purpose of the season is.  If it's for flintlock only, then no, keep it traditional.  If the purpose of the season is to increase harvest, then allow them.
here in Pa they got it split into different seasons, for the rifle season they dont care if it is scoped or not, but for the "traditional" flintlock, it must be a flintlock with open sights.. it cant even be a Pcap.. but like i said in rifle season anything goes (except in certain counties)
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2007, 05:10:20 PM »
KY has the "General" season.  It's pretty much a 'shoot what ya' brung' type of deal. :shock:  Shotguns, rifles, pistols, muzzleloaders, crossbows, compound bow, recurve, longbow.  This is all in November.  In October and again in December, there's the "Muzzleloading" season.  Any type of muzzleloader is legal (within some caliber restrictions) as well as scopes.  The muzzleloading seasons are one of the tools that the KDFWR uses to increase the antlerless harvest.  If they want people to shoot does, and be more productive at it, then allowing scopes does this.  That's why it's called a "muzzleloading" season instead of a "traditional" season. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2007, 01:43:12 AM »
yes scopes should be legal , why not give sportsman the chance to make the most of the fire arm they choose to use, it would mean less crippled game wondering of to die and being wasted.
All who resist will die

Facebook Comments