October 22, 2017, 08:50:25 PM

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 4228 times)

Offline Tophat

• Got bullets?
Re: Hello
« Reply #20 on: January 28, 2007, 08:21:23 PM »
live by myself and it's a pain sometimes to find free time between doin' some laundry (I think I just set myself up for a comment or two),
what not us we would never comment on the fact ya cant find nobody to do yer laundry cause after all even John Andrews does the laundry, cleans the dishes, and mops the floor I know cause one day I was talkin to him on the phone when his wife started hollerin at him to hurry and do the dishes so he could make her supper :twisted: ;D
I heard that!  ;D Just who was feeding the baby the other day, plott?  :twisted:  ;D Tophat, we gotta find you a good woman. A gutpile gal would be perfect.  O0

Hmmm, interesting idea. I tried one of those fancy internet sites but apparently listing my hobbies/interests as Fishing, Hunting and Beer didn't appeal to any of the ladies. Don't get me wrong, I'll take walks on the beach as long as she helps carry the bait and/or tackle. :wink: Anybody hit the outdoors this weekend? Watching the weather channel, I'd say most of ya'll was gettin' cabin fever.....

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #21 on: January 28, 2007, 08:30:16 PM »
I tried one of those fancy internet sites but apparently listing my hobbies/interests as Fishing, Hunting and Beer didn't appeal to any of the ladies.

Yeah, that crap of "openness and honesty" is severely overrated in a relationship! >:( ;D  You should have just said, "nature" or "the outdoors".  Not a lie at all in that! :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Tophat

• Got bullets?
« Reply #22 on: January 28, 2007, 08:46:50 PM »
I tried one of those fancy internet sites but apparently listing my hobbies/interests as Fishing, Hunting and Beer didn't appeal to any of the ladies.

Yeah, that crap of "openness and honesty" is severely overrated in a relationship! >:( ;D  You should have just said, "nature" or "the outdoors".  Not a lie at all in that! :wink:

Yes sir, you would be correct. I've always held to the tennant of "say what you mean and mean what you say". Unless, of course, I'm bragging on the size of any fish I caught or the reason I "didn't take a shot at the turkey" instead of admitting that saying "Holy crap" out loud because I couldn't believe I actually called one up tends to scare those hearing aid wearing jungle chickens into the next county (true story). 

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2007, 11:01:01 AM »
I had cabin and shop fever Saturday, so we went out and tried to bust some hogs. We might as well stayed home.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2007, 11:43:15 AM »
Went squirrel hunting Saturday.  I shot two with my .22 and they ran off into holes.  I'm getting sick of that happening.  I know I hit them good, I just can't get an instant kill.  I know you .17 toting guys are gonna love to see me type that....  Hahaha.. 

I'm thinking of just using my shotgun for the rest of the season.  I'm getting hungry over here with this rifle.....
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 12:36:46 PM »
  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D A .22!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D A shotgun!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Now, who would ever suggest using or buying a .17?  :wink:  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 12:49:50 PM »
  ;D  ;D ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D ;D A .22!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D A shotgun!  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D Now, who would ever suggest using or buying a .17?  :wink:  O0

Hmmmmm......   :roll:  Lots of folks here at the pile would do that.   :wink:
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 09:05:27 PM »
Certainly not any of us! ???  You must be mistaken. :roll:  We would never suggest you purchase something like, say..........a Marlin 917V .17HMR with a heavy barrel, stainless satin finish, and a laminated wood stock.......... :roll: :roll:

Not us...........You're thinking of some other group of Yaahoos! ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

travo

« Reply #28 on: February 05, 2007, 02:22:08 PM »
hey,just found one of those for $159 no scope. good buy?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: February 06, 2007, 01:34:16 AM »
hey,just found one of those for $159 no scope. good buy?
Yes, but what type of stock and barrel, and what make? Heavy barrel, wood stock is what you want. It it a Savage or Marlin? Both are good. If you have a bit more to spend, I suggest getting a Savage with the Accu Trigger.

Facebook Comments