December 11, 2017, 10:23:05 AM

Author Topic: RUNNING WITH THE TRASH PACK  (Read 4524 times)

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
RUNNING WITH THE TRASH PACK
« on: January 20, 2007, 12:30:00 PM »
I'm posting this for Plott .  I ain't no movie critic but.................. IT"S GOOD O0

Plott I must have done something wrong, it was a good deal clearer in the e-mail you sent. Maybe somebody  a little more computer savvy could try .

this is for all you folks that aren't members , but ya really should join  O0

O. K. this is more like it, click on the attachment and then OPEN 

« Last Edit: August 06, 2012, 04:39:10 PM by Gutpiles »
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: RUNNING WITH THE TRASH PACK
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 04:17:11 PM »
that was pretty good.allthough getting a dog off a coon can be done much faster and easier than how it was done in this video. i have used two methods to break dogs off game.

1.the parting stick method

if you have never used one it`s best to learn BEFORE you use it on a dog or you will pop teeth out and ruin a good dog.

now on a dog i wouldn`t stick my hand near while latched on to something in fear of getting bit once off we have

2.a cattle prod

i was told this method and thought f!@# that one. well it works. an old coon hunter used one. he hit the dead coon with the prod instead of the dog. basically the dog felt the coon stinging it`s mouth and will let go. he said it makes the dog a little more "pissed" at coons and makes them fight that much harder next time.

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 05:03:04 PM »
Them pups are wearing him out  ;D  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 05:24:28 PM »
umm now i dont train huntin dawgs, but i do train dawgs, cant ya train em to "let go"??? I know mine will drop on command, i figure wouldnt it be easier than trying to fight them?  or do they just let instict take over when they get animal blood??
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 06:07:35 PM »
i have seen dogs that will let go but you will get that one or two  that are so straight ahead you can command them all day and get nothing. i know guys who say a dog you can`t train to do what ever you want is fertilizer and i know guys who want dogs with no reverse saying a dog that will let go should be fertilizer.i don`t care either way as long as the end result is weight in the game bag!!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 07:40:22 PM »
That was awesome!   O0  O0 O0 Plott's trashpack killin' the coon.  O0 And music! Nice work, rifle-man!  O0  O0  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 08:06:45 PM »
That was awesome!   O0  O0 O0 Plott's trashpack killin' the coon.  O0 And music! Nice work, rifle-man!  O0  O0  O0

NO NO , I didn't do anything but post it , I think Plott did the editing and music ( and I'm pretty sure that ain't him singing  ;D )

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #7 on: January 21, 2007, 12:02:47 AM »
Let me set a few things straight   first the redtick aint my dog  I will let its owner take the coon off it however he wants to. actually the only dogs in the video that are mine is the bluetick in the begining and the plott that dont know what to do since the coon's throat is already in another dogs mouth ;D Hey techno when ya get a chance why dont you come over my way to carry the cattle prod and show me the proper way to take the coon from the hound cause I'm pretty sure if I lit the coon up with the prod one of 2 things would happen        1 the dog would never bite a coon again   2 the damn dog would think the coon was causing the sting and bite down twice as hard       my thoughts are number one would be what happens cause believe me I have used a cattle prod more then enough and even if ya shocked the coon the dog still would get the full jolt actually the thing that worked on my hounds was just pickin them up like Tommy did to the redtick my dogs learned after a couple of times like that when I said dead they had better let go or give up breathing for a couple of seconds
( and I'm pretty sure that ain't him singing  ;D )
whatta do ya mean I sing purdy   actually Windows movie maker did most of the work O0
« Last Edit: January 21, 2007, 12:48:41 AM by plottdogg »
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2007, 12:07:56 PM »
or give up breathing for a couple of seconds

Ya know , come to think of it , I quit doing certain things when the air is cut off ( anything that involves bending down ) didn't use to be this way  ;D I'm not sure what causes it  :wink:

Now as for training dogs , if I can't get a dog to do what I want without a hot-stick , I'm not doing to good of a job of training .

Just my two cents......... change given on request  :wink:

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2007, 12:32:06 PM »
Now as for training dogs , if I can't get a dog to do what I want without a hot-stick , I'm not doing to good of a job of training . 
Now I do carry a hotshot in the truck with me but it is used for when a dog fight happens in the box and I have only used it once havent had a problem since that just hollerin hasnt taken care of :wink:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments