November 24, 2017, 11:47:20 AM

Author Topic: Has anybody ever hunted aligator  (Read 8739 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Has anybody ever hunted aligator
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 12:49:52 PM »
Those dang gators must go looking for trouble. AB, you gonna hunt a gator and film it? Just an idea, anyhow. Can't you just see plott and AB on a gator hunt? That would HAVE to be taped!  ;D CF and Nick would probably have to rescue the rascals AB and plott, they would get lost in the swamp.  ;D  ;D  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 07:52:04 PM »
CF and Nick would probably have to rescue the rascals AB and plott, they would get lost in the swamp.  ;D  ;D  ;D
oh I doudt that we would just be gator crap anyhow cause the second day would start with the words "Hey ya'll watch this" followed by "that putz just got hisself killed that aint the right way to do it ya gotta do this " ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Nick_T

• Can I shoot one time?
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 08:44:39 PM »
CF and Nick would probably have to rescue the rascals AB and plott, they would get lost in the swamp.  ;D  ;D  ;D
oh I doudt that we would just be gator crap anyhow cause the second day would start with the words "Hey ya'll watch this" followed by "that putz just got hisself killed that aint the right way to do it ya gotta do this " ;D

I ain't that bad, but if ya climb out before the job is complete, I'll throw ya back in.

:)

Nick T

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 03:22:58 AM »
I think the two of em should hunt a gator in commemoration to Steve Irwin and just use their hands. ;D O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 05:47:43 AM »
  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D And then plott lunges with the big knife!  :twisted:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2008, 10:37:48 AM »
I hunt gators everyday I can . Its been cool down here and they arent as active but I have gotten 7 in the past few weeks I will post a couple pic I posted some in the gallery also
 both of these are over 8 feet.

They are hard to skin much care must be taken with the gator from the moment of harvest you cant let them sit in the sun or the hide will ruin . Threy have to be cloroxed and scrubbed before they can be skinned because they have lots of bacteria that will contaminate the meat. And in order to sell the meat they have to be processed at an approved facility . I think the best cut of meat is the jowl muscles . The leg and belly meat is good but its usually a darker color than the tail
1/09/gator

1/19 gator

one over 10 foot I caught on rod and reel and my girlfriend bangsticked it

I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2008, 11:05:51 AM »
dude thanks for the info those are some awesome gators.I think it would be so cool to be able to kill a big old gator like that.Do you need a lic to killem and what does it cost.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2008, 03:34:03 PM »
Well you have to be licensed with the state there are only 39 trappers for the whole state .And I am an agent so I had to buy an agents licence it gets costly by the time you buy all the equiptment you need gas money etc.

The state doesnt pay us the only money we get is from sale of meat and hide so you gotta love it to do it
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline hoskins

• When In Doubt, Empty The Magazine!
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2008, 09:47:14 PM »
You kill a gator on base in Camp Lejeune, NC you'll get in a big ole heaping mess of trouble!!!!! I've seen plenty of em down there. We (me, my wife, and son) fish for catfish during the night at some of the base pomds and they will come up to the waters edge, about 5 feet from the bank. They don't bother us, I'll throw a rock at them and they scurry away, but they come back. Needless to say, I don't let the boy get too close to the waters edge!

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #29 on: January 22, 2008, 12:23:26 PM »
There are a few states that allow gator hunting . I think SC is the furthers north hunting of any kind is allowed . There are some giant gators in SC near Santee . I think they get bigger there than they do in lots of places in FL .

Its best to keep kids away from gators like that they will get aggressive if soemone feeds them . They are what we call bum gators they are looking for a hand out they are the worst kind. Normally a gator will keep a safe distance from people or disappear all together

I am a dinosaur hunter

Facebook Comments