November 19, 2017, 12:08:09 AM

Author Topic: Has anybody ever hunted aligator  (Read 8732 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: Has anybody ever hunted aligator
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 10:42:46 AM »
Man I wish Indiana had habitat for the buggers...I sure would love to have Big Red outfitted in "skin"  ;D O0

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
  • Happiness is a large gutpile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 10:56:52 AM »
She was in some habitat alright the backside of that pond is a muck swamp . She took my baitline back into that swamp and got tangled up in a pick up truck size clump of hyiacinths. It  was interesting digging around in that clump of weeds looking for her head wading in knee deep mud  :shock:
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 01:09:52 PM »
Man, all that you're doing by posting those pictures is making my mouth water! >:(  I'm looking at those critters just thinking of what one would look like all skinned out and all of the meat on it. ;D ;D ;D O0

Ahhh gatortrapper, you ain't afraid of a "girl" are ya? ??? :wink:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 02:17:35 PM »
You gotta watch those girls ya never know what is on their mind ;D Talk about meat on a gator when I dropped that one off at the processers the girls were skinning out a big 11 ft 9 inch gator over 500 pounds :shock:. Its tail was big as my whole gator :-P In another month or so the gators will be out good its slow right now luckily we have had weather in the 70s lately.

I skin one on ocassion for my own personal meat. I cannot sell it if I do it but I like to keep in practice. They have girls at the processors that skin the gators . They can really skin one and cut it up . The next time I skin one I will take step by step pictures to post in the critter cleaning section. Its entirely different from any animal I have skinned. Almost exactly the opposite of skinning a mammal
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #54 on: February 01, 2008, 03:23:38 PM »
Sounds good! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2008, 09:54:42 AM »
That's awesome, gator! I bet it takes a lot of work to skin and butcher a good size gator.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #56 on: February 12, 2008, 12:59:38 PM »
Its been a Gutpile Style morning!  :twisted: I took the 10 ft gheenoe and got a nine foot gator he took the me and the little boat for a ride ;D

I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #57 on: February 13, 2008, 05:49:43 PM »
 :shock: I can see why it could pull a boat! I can see you have a good tamer for them, too.  :knuppel2  :buck2  :twisted:  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #58 on: February 14, 2008, 09:08:14 AM »
Yeah the bangstick calms them right down. I caught that one on a bait line . But when you snag one in the tail they can really pull a boat. A big gator can swim about 25 mph when they power off :shock:
I am a dinosaur hunter

Offline gatortrapper

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #59 on: February 16, 2008, 11:24:44 AM »
I caught the one aboves brother this morning 9 ft 1 in . I didnt mess his head up as much this time ;D

I am a dinosaur hunter

Facebook Comments