October 22, 2017, 08:02:15 AM

Author Topic: Honey Roasted Pheasant  (Read 1964 times)

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
Honey Roasted Pheasant
« on: January 28, 2007, 08:20:13 PM »
I have made this on several occasions and it is awesome.....

Ingredients

1 Pheasant
3/4 cup Honey
1/2 cup creamy Peanut Butter
2 Tbsp. Cider Vinegar
2 Tbsp. Soy Sauce 

Method

Combine the honey, peanut butter, vinegar, and soy sauce in a saucepan and cook over low heat until peanut butter is melted, stirring frequently. Allow to cool slightly.

Place the pheasant in a roasting pan, then pour the honey-peanut sauce over the bird. Cover tightly and refrigerate overnight.

Remove from refrigerator an hour or so before cooking. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Roast uncovered for 1 hour or until done, basting frequently with the drippings.
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Honey Roasted Pheasant
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 08:23:33 PM »
Sounds good............but where am I supposed to get a peasant in KY? ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 08:32:01 PM »
Sounds good............but where am I supposed to get a peasant in KY? ;D

BC,  I thought I had seen a few "peasants" working along the roads a few months ago in the Lexington.  I think you would need to multiply the ingredients by 100 in order to have enough sauce to cover the "peasant".     ;D  ;D  ;D

Seriously,  you mean KY doesn't have pheasants?  Maybe we'll have to hook you up with a few.  Are you allowed to "import" live birds into KY? How about frozen birds?  You don't know what you're missing...   O0
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 08:33:44 PM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2007, 10:04:54 PM »
yea i havent heard of pheasants in texas either  :'( sucks cuz i play it on hunting video games and ive always wanted to hunt pheasant in real life
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2007, 10:21:48 PM »
Nope, them wasn't peasants.  Them was Mexicans! ;D

We don't have pheasants here (wild anyway).  They're in Indiana and Ohio, but not KY.  From what I've been able to gather from the biologists, there's something missing from the soil here.  They've tried to identify it, but haven't been able to.  There are a few places that have Put-And-Take type of shooting for pheasants, and the KDFWR used to hold the same type of thing on a couple of the WMA's but that's it.

I'm guessing importing them frozen would be the way to go. O0

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

travo

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2007, 10:29:56 PM »
y'all need to get on over here and even just pick the pheasants outta the grill on my explorer. i see at least a hundred a day(not exaggeratin) just while drivin the dirt. groups of 30-50 common feeding in picked corn,right in the open.seriously,we'll go get some next fall.lemme know whos comin.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2007, 08:29:02 PM »
Sounds like a field trip is in order! :twisted:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments