November 19, 2017, 02:22:00 PM

Author Topic: Bow / Muzzle Loader Pics from the album  (Read 2450 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Bow / Muzzle Loader Pics from the album
« on: September 17, 2003, 11:47:58 AM »
I had to bring a few of these over from the album for everyone to check out in case you missed them.......  primitive weapons success from our very own.  :D    Go check out the rest in the album...... :wink:

Posted by BOWFANATIC:  

Posted by Big58cal:

Posted by Big58cal:

Keep up the good work guys!   8)
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2003, 06:18:59 AM »
:twisted: Nice Pie-Ball Big58cal,don`t see many down here in Fla.,but I have seen many in Ga,first one I seen,I thought it was a small Cow, Brother-In-Law say`s that they are quite common near the River.
   Nice Pic,Keep Em comming!  :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2003, 08:16:42 PM »
That poor little fellow was just in the wrong place at the wrong time!  I'd had a camera out at the place for a couple of months before I shot him.  This was the first time that I'd seen him, and wasn't going to shoot, until I saw all of the white.

This one was the first that I had seen while hunting.  I had seen a couple before though while weighing and aging deer at check stations.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2003, 08:25:07 AM »
:twisted: Never seen one Hunting myself,only seen them in the Field`s,or on the side of the Road while Driveing,and they always seem to be alone,guess they just stick out so much that the other deer don`t like to be around them,for safety reason`s.

I love the Trail Cam`s,but we can`t use them around here,even if we could,someone would surely steal it. One day I`ll be able to get out on some Lease Property,and put one to use.

Thank`s again for shareing that Great Pie-Ball with us !!! :twisted:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2003, 05:50:54 PM »
I wanted to get a full body mount of him, but...........................  1) Didn't have the room for a full body mount, and 2) Didn't have about $1000 to plop down for one!  I got the hide tanned and the legs made into gun/bow racks.  I mounted the rack and have got a picture (the one posted above) blown up and is beside the rack.

He was surely a once-in-a-lifetime trophy!  Makes it even better that I got him with a muzzleloader!

I'm going to try to upload a couple more pictures of him.  Let's see if it works!

IT WORKED!!!!  WOOHOO!!!  Thanks Gutpile!!! :D  :D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2003, 12:49:12 PM »
Good work,you guys! I have never seen a deer like that spotted one, either. I did see an albino in western Illinois back in '87, a doe running across I-80, of all places.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 07:17:46 PM »
The extra white on the deer is called "piebald".  It's a genetic mutation similar to albinism (a.k.a. albino), but not as rare as an albino.

Like I said, that poor little fellow was in the wrong place at the wrong time.  I heard him coming down the hill behind me.  When he first started stepping out, all I could see was his head and neck (which is normal).  I looked at his rack and thought, "He's too small to shoot".  I had already started to put my muzzleloader down, and then he stepped on out..........................................  When I saw all of the white on his side, I thought, "OH MAN, He's Dead and Don't Know It!!!!"

This was during mid-late October.  I had had a camera out on the bench where I got him for at least 2 months prior to this.  I had gotten some good film on a bunch of different bucks (including the one my brother got during the Dec. muzzleloading season.....the first picture that Gutpile put up on this thread by me), but I didn't have any of this one.  After I shot, he went running past the camera.  I was hoping that it had taken a picture of him then, but it didn't.

I have only seen two other piebalds personally.  One was a little spike that looked similar to mine, but with more white going up toward the back some.  The other was totally white, except for a spot of brown in the middle of his back about the size of a 5 gallon bucket.  Both were dead and brought into the check station I was working.

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments