December 16, 2017, 07:36:16 PM

Author Topic: What does everybody here do for a living?  (Read 8098 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: What does everybody here do for a living?
« Reply #20 on: January 30, 2007, 03:22:30 PM »
I used to be a certified wrecker operator, but now i am plotts understudy since i blew out my back, aint worked for over a year and it is driving me nuts, well more nuts than i already was...

Two question, 1) How did you and Plott convince your other half that they should be the only one working (haven't quite figured out how to do that one); and 2) How do you blow your back out being a 'certified wrecker operator'?  ???
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #21 on: January 30, 2007, 03:56:29 PM »
What do you make from ceramics?  You're up in PA right?  My company head quarters is up there in Camp Hill.

We manufacture abrasion resistant alumina oxide tile and cylinders for coal handling, aggregate handling, pharmaceutical milling equipment, asphalt handling, powder and bulk solids pneumatic conveying, grain handling, mining applications, etc. etc.  If you have a part that is wearing out because of sliding abrasion, we can typically apply our tile and extend the life span from 5 to 25 times.  We typically ceramic line items, such as chutes, bins, hoppers, cones, elbows, laterals, tees, wyes, spool, reducers, panels, cylinders, manifolds, mills, cyclones, venturies, apexes, scrubbers, gates, valves, and nozzles, to name a few things.

Yes, we are in Pennsylvania, a bit west of Pittsburgh.

Do you have an application that may need our products?  Send me a PM and I can get you some information.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

travo

« Reply #22 on: January 30, 2007, 05:02:29 PM »
siding foreman at ABC seamless.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #23 on: January 30, 2007, 05:54:25 PM »
I used to be a certified wrecker operator, but now i am plotts understudy since i blew out my back, aint worked for over a year and it is driving me nuts, well more nuts than i already was...

Two question, 1) How did you and Plott convince your other half that they should be the only one working (haven't quite figured out how to do that one); and 2) How do you blow your back out being a 'certified wrecker operator'?  ???

well we both worked at one point in time, and i was at work one day hooking up a car, was bending over the front left fender to slide the shoe onto the front tire (the metal spoon looking thing that connects the car to the wheel lift) and as i stretched over i heard a pop. felt like warm water poured down my leg, I checked and i didnt pee myself so i kept going, next day i got up said wow back is a lil sore, and went to work, 1/2 day and then helped a buddy move rest of day, the second day i got up took a step and fell over. i got 2 herniated disks in the lower back, pinching the siatic nerve running down the right leg, i stand for 10 minutes and foot goes numb, i sit for 15 minutes and it goes numb, i walk for 30 yards and gotta sit.. so there ya go.. still waiting for the doc to determin if he is gonna cut me or what he is doing.. a wrecker is the tow truck with both the boom on back AND the wheel lift, a tow is the wheel lift only. I ran a medium duty, that means i could take anything from 20,000 lb and down (your normal sized dump trucks) and was certified for police towing and accident scene tows etc..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #24 on: January 30, 2007, 06:37:51 PM »
I'm a wood butcher (carpenter)  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #25 on: January 30, 2007, 07:43:28 PM »
I'm a cook, maid, driver, accountant, and a million other things in a day.
But I only get paid to be a computer geek for a school district.
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline bare_trax

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #26 on: January 30, 2007, 08:27:45 PM »
I push tools on a drilling rig............an teach the grandson the finer points of being a hunter/fisherman/sportsman........ :twisted:
too many bears.........not enuff bullets

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #27 on: January 30, 2007, 08:32:11 PM »
Actually for fear of everybody thinkin I am a bum which no matter what my wife says I aint  :roll:
manage 4 wean to finish hog barns
« Last Edit: January 30, 2007, 08:34:19 PM by plottdogg »
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #28 on: January 30, 2007, 08:53:01 PM »
Same as pike jg and the 1st half of rice river... a white slave.
in a past life I was a warrier, trapper, hunter, badass, and stud...
at least in my dreams that is.
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #29 on: January 30, 2007, 08:57:20 PM »
BC Thats the company that does madden NFL right ? the slogans " If its In the Game Its In the Game"
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

Facebook Comments