December 14, 2017, 09:23:16 PM

Author Topic: Decoys for deer  (Read 2024 times)

Offline rice river

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Do I have a license to kill yet??
Re: Decoys for deer
« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2007, 09:39:16 PM »
heh heh heh, the game warden uses a decoy to make bozos shoot from the road and or out of their vehicles.

We had a guy not far from here shot the decoy two different times from his garbage truck!  Can you say DUMB!
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 10:45:55 AM »
We had a guy not far from here shot the decoy two different times from his garbage truck!  Can you say DUMB!
more like the blind leadein the def dumb and stupid
All who resist will die

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 11:01:23 AM »
the dnr arrested some guy for running off the road with his truck and running over the decoy
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

BBF

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 11:03:14 AM »
 :shock: they left him the rifle and truck from the previous time???

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #14 on: May 25, 2007, 12:49:58 AM »
watched the warden set one up last year on teh property next to mine , he must have been having good luck with it because when I went over and asked him about it he showed me the holes in it where it had been shot ,, said that one dumba$$ shot the thing 4 times before he could get to him to arrest him,, It was shot all to He!!
All who resist will die

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2007, 09:58:46 AM »
this idiot said that he was troling for bucks, and was serious about it......... Did i mention i was on public ground in Kentucky..

Doesn't surprise me a bit.  We get all kinds of idiots from IN and OH coming down here to hunt our public land. :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #16 on: May 25, 2007, 01:57:00 PM »
the deer seem to be flocking to the turkey decoy's and calls kinda weird the deer check them out more so than the turkey have seen several bucks that look like they will have big racks
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Tenderfoot

• John Andrews is my hero
« Reply #17 on: May 25, 2007, 09:03:26 PM »
calls...they work to attract attention to me and get the deer curious..too curious to bow hunt, but great for guns.it will keep them around more. but i notice that loud, abrupt singing is just as good as any grunt call i ever used at bringing them closer to stay. scents rock.....i could not hunt deer without scents and my daily ritual scent purification everymorning... i smell like NOTHING! decoys also work like i use my calls...if a deer is walking away u can call from your tree and twitch a "butt board" to keep them from looking directly to the sound(i.e you in a tree). the bb is my invention and looks like the white of a deers brisket...i stick it to a tree a bit away and tie a tail to it to a string and i twitch the string so the deer see that motion and key in ot in instead of the sound directly.

Facebook Comments