November 19, 2017, 12:26:38 PM

Author Topic: Firearm ID  (Read 932 times)

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
Firearm ID
« on: February 03, 2007, 05:13:01 PM »
I belive I posted this in here about a year ago but I think its worth repeating.

On of the quickest and easyist way to ensure ID of all your long arms is to remove the butt plate and put in an old hunting license. Thievs most likley will never look in there and you can always prove ownership

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Firearm ID
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2007, 06:03:14 PM »
Another thing that you can do to help keep track of them is to take pictures and record the serial numbers and any distinguishing marks.  Everybody pretty much knows that, but I took it one step further. O0

I took pictures of all of my guns and recorded the make, model, and serial number of each one.  I put all of the "specifics" into a MS Word document and had all of the pictures downloaded onto my computer.  I took all of the pictures burned them onto a CD, which I took to Walmart to one of those things where you can print pictures out yourself, and made a copy of all of the pictures.  I printed out the Word file with all of the info on it so I would also have a paper copy of that.  The original CD that I had taken to Walmart, I put deep scratches on, and then broke it.  I put all of the digital copies of the pictures into a folder, and added the Word file to the folder also, and then password protected the folder.  I then took the file folder and burned it onto 2 CD's.

So now, I've got all of the gun info stored on 2 CD's and have a "paper" copy of all of the pictures and the specifics of the guns.  The paper copy of the stuff stays locked in the gun safe.  One of the CD's I have in the desk with all of my other CD's, and the other CD I have in the glove box of the truck.

This way, no matter what happens, I'll have a copy of the list of all of my guns.  If the house catches fire, I've still got the CD in the truck. O0

It's a little bit of work, but worth it just for the peace of mind. :)
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 06:05:43 PM »
OH, forgot to mention..........All of the info about the guns that was stored on the computer I deleted off of it and then "cleaned" the PC to eliminate the remaining traces of them.

This way, if someone does get through all of the firewalls and stuff I've got on the PC, they still won't have the gun info. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline JohnDoe

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2007, 10:54:54 PM »
I'll bet that was a day's work!  :shock:
Neck shots = no running.

Facebook Comments