November 22, 2017, 12:15:56 AM

Author Topic: hog hunt results  (Read 5360 times)

Offline gahoghntr

Re: hog hunt results
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 12:05:12 PM »
Look for a bar without a cover charge and both entrance doors open the full width.....
dont forget some sweet feed

Offline ks917m

• Applied for my club membership...
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 04:15:27 PM »
do you guys carry a pistol for back u and if so what caliber do you use im going bowhuntin for pigs in march and i want to bring a pistol is a 45 acp ok for a backup

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 04:24:53 PM »
I would say that a .45 would be more than enough for backup.  Only thing is, get a bullet design that will expand.  Don't just load it with ball ammo. :shock:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2007, 10:38:03 AM »
I carry my Colt Python .38 loaded with +Ps. For rifle ammo, I use Remington Corlok (SP?). You need a good bullet that will hold together, and stay away from shoulder shots.
A fella I know that lives a few miles north of here whacked a 250 pound Russian boar in the head with a .22/250 twice and then had to put one through his ribs to bring him down.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline fuzztsimmers

• Peace is a gun, seat, and trees.
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2007, 07:55:17 PM »
holy s*it that is a tuff pig.

Did yall know that we have them here in pa
I don't have bad english you just don't listen.

What did you learn?

Offline gahoghntr

« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 10:12:28 AM »
do you guys carry a pistol for back u and if so what caliber do you use im going bowhuntin for pigs in march and i want to bring a pistol is a 45 acp ok for a backup

when we go dog hunting we dont carry any weapons and when where not dog huntingand we are guiding a hunt we usually carry 45's, my partner had to put one down with his 45 that a hunter shot with a bow thought he was dead   but got up mad as heck and had to shoot him in self defence

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 04:16:22 PM »
police,pigs and gutpile style ;D ;D

thats how we do it!

keep`em runnin GA, thats a nice looking pig

BBF

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2007, 06:51:40 PM »
Pistol for a backup??  How about a nice tree with a ladder attached :D

Offline bust one

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 03:27:29 PM »
i went hog hunting in may this year and i killed a 200lb pig 1 shot with a 8mm rem mag with a 180 ballistic and the lil piggy couldnt hold it .........right in the bread basket and he rolled down the mountain .......................squill lil piggy ..............................sue ..weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol
if it,s brown it,s down and if it fly,s it die,s

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: October 11, 2007, 09:29:19 AM »
i went hog hunting in may this year and i killed a 200lb pig 1 shot with a 8mm rem mag with a 180 ballistic and the lil piggy couldnt hold it .........right in the bread basket and he rolled down the mountain .......................squill lil piggy ..............................sue ..weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee lol
Good going, bust one! gahog, you doing any more hog busting?
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments