November 24, 2017, 09:54:30 AM

Author Topic: hog hunt results  (Read 5366 times)

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: hog hunt results
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2007, 09:03:59 AM »
a pig huntin a pig! just kiddin. i love cops.

HAHAHAHA! ;D ;D You sooo crazy!(spoken with a slight, gay lisp...)

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2007, 09:05:19 AM »
How much fun is hog hunting and would a .308 work for them?

.308 is more than enuff. We take em with everything from .22 Hornet, .243, .223, etc.

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2007, 09:09:36 AM »
I killed a 100 lb sow last year with a .40 cal from 25 yards while deer hunting. Aim for the back of the skull or the neck. I've never had a hog run further than 5 feet with a neck shot.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2007, 10:56:32 AM »
I killed a 100 lb sow last year with a .40 cal from 25 yards while deer hunting. Aim for the back of the skull or the neck. I've never had a hog run further than 5 feet with a neck shot.
O0 That sounds like me the best place to nail one and drop him on the spot.  O0 I killed 8 hogs with .22 pistol head shots that dropped them on the spot.  The ammo was CCI mini mags. The hogs were domestic hogs and large pigs that escaped and turned feral where I farmed near Columbus Junction, Iowa.

Interesting enough, that is the same vicinity where we hunt a population of wild hogs that are Russian and also clubfoot hogs. The ones we hunt are supposed to be stock from escaped wild hogs a fella hauled to the neighborhood from Texas. That same fella has been accused of just releasing them. The state Iowa is not happy.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2007, 05:17:01 PM »
the State may not be happy but I bet there are a umber of hunters that are. :)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #25 on: November 09, 2007, 09:12:43 AM »
the State may not be happy but I bet there are a umber of hunters that are. :)
YEP!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments