December 14, 2017, 07:52:24 PM

Author Topic: new tent  (Read 8389 times)

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
Re: new tent
« Reply #10 on: February 09, 2007, 10:44:28 AM »
Sorry, when you said "Rugged Enough for a True Wilderness Trip" I though you meant several weeks in the deep woods with no human contact.

Spoken like a true fan of Broke Back Mountain....  ^-^

I can't help, by reading these post from Mad and Brad, thinking about the movie Broke Back Mountain.....  It's a sick thought, but you guys seem like you really know your tents. It almost sounds like you have spent many "lonely" nights together, in the deep woods with no human contact, watching and counting sheep....  ???

You go Boy's........   :shock:
« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 10:46:31 AM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Mad River

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #11 on: February 09, 2007, 11:09:16 AM »
Nice. >:( Try to provide detailed, useful information and look what I get. >:(

I fail to see how there were any homosexual undertones in anything above. ???

John, aparently, you have some under lying issues to work through. :shock:

This really makes me wonder what you, Gutpiles, and Big58Cal were really discussing in your "Private" chat session last night. ???
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2007, 11:27:26 AM »
thats a good one Mad..... underlying issues......   :roll:    The only underlying issues I have are with guys "Rugged Enough for a True Wilderness Trip"  with experience and expertise in tent sleeping.  It's not all about me here Mad, I am perfectly comfortable in my sexuality with the opposite sex.....  :wink:   

It's you and Brads overwhelming knowledge of tents and spending several weeks in the deep woods with no human contact that I have the issues with....  :-X   

So which one of you were on sheep watching duty when you were on your true wilderness trip, spending several weeks in the deep woods with no human contact?    :twisted:   ;D  ;D

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 11:38:18 AM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #13 on: February 09, 2007, 12:09:34 PM »
You know what John, I am so totally brain dead at this point, that it isn't even funny.  Since the start of this glorious year, I have been over worked, under laid, totally frustrated, not amused, wishing I was boozed, and stressed to the point of wanting to go postal.

In other words, I am too mentally incapacitated, at the present time, to come up with a worthwhile and witty reply to your infantile remarks regarding some dreamt up incestual, homosexual, backwoods relationship, in which you think I am invloved.  Furthermore...

You are the King.

I give up.

I've got nothing.

You win.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #14 on: February 09, 2007, 12:56:15 PM »
You know I try to provide a little info.....and some personal experience with tent use.....and it gets turned into a homo, cousin/sheep lovin, deep woods tent trip...... >:(  What the heck...... >:(

The best part is that I have never been camping with Mad...........in my life....... ???

And to pick up where my other wise mentally incapaciated cousin left off......... ^-^

John, if I need some info on sleeping alone in the woods in the front seat of my truck....I'll let you know.  And if I need pointers on how to pick up 'mountain chicks' in the bar.....again......I'll give you a ring.  But as for the tent knowledge....leave it to the experts.... O0  Not all of us have the ability to build a cabin in a place we want to stay....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

And cuz'.........just remember.........my apartment is on your way home, don't go postal.  I have Coors......everything will be ok....... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 12:58:27 PM »
What was it that Robin Williams said to the Army guy that kept looking for a reason to get rid of him, at the end of the movie Good Morning Vietnam?   :shock:

« Last Edit: February 09, 2007, 01:01:26 PM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »
What was it that Robin Williams said to the Army guy that kept looking for a reason to get rid of him, at the end of the movie Good Morning Vietnam?   :shock:

I haven't a clue. :-\  Please enlighten us O'Great One. :)

And by the way, where's my Kentucky Care Package? ???

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 03:26:37 PM »
I haven't a clue. :-\  Please enlighten us O'Great One. :)

And by the way, where's my Kentucky Care Package? ???

The check is in the mail. O0

As far as what Robin Williams said, I'm not going to repeat it.  But what he said rings true for you! ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 04:07:23 PM »
The check is in the mail. O0

I see how it is. :-\ :sad:

As far as what Robin Williams said, I'm not going to repeat it.  But what he said rings true for you! ;D

Well, I guess I am in the dark on this one. :-\

I am sure it was meant with hostility. :sad:

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 04:12:34 PM »
Sorry you guys took offense to a little good natured "poke".  It was never meant to be a "compitition", Mad, only a little fun with the situation at hand.   I'm sorry you guys are lacking to see the humor, and I'm even more sorry that I lack the ability to convey humor at your expense, while doing so to both of your approvals...    :twisted:   

You gotta admit, you left yourselves wide open ..... ???   

Brad, 
Mountain Chicks Rule........  O0    They cook, clean, gut your deer, cut-up and wrap your deer, take out the trash, mow the yard, shovel the snow, help drive deer, will get out in the mud to push when your stuck, etc, etc, and do it only for a single complement on how nice their decaying, one and only, tooth looks. You'll get even more out of them if you ask them if they recently had the dentist whiten that single tooth ....  :wink:   

And, I did notice the twinkle in your eye when we were at Fitzie's and those "Mountain Chicks" would walk by and flutter their eyes at you...  Ohh yea, your face surly did light up, almost as bright as it did when you seen those sheep. 

Trust me Brad, from what I've seen, you don't need any pointers from me..... You and Mad are the self proclaimed experts on tents in the wilderness....... :wink: 

I'll stick to the Mountain Chicks and sleeping "ALONE" in my truck.   ;D  ;D     

Facebook Comments