October 23, 2017, 12:26:46 AM

Author Topic: boots  (Read 3044 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
boots
« on: February 14, 2007, 03:57:12 PM »
with the "tent" and "fire piston" threads going and the great info i figure i would ask about the boots. since fairys wear the heck out of them, anyone have advice on rubber boots?
i was looking at these

Our new Dura-Trax™ are the lightest, warmest, most comfortable rubber boots we've ever offered. We combined running-shoe technology with the best-insulating, most durable rubber-boot materials available today. You'll simply be amazed. Insulated with 800-gram Thinsulate™ Ultra Insulation to keep your feet warm and comfortable when temperatures drop.
Height: 18".
Average weight: 4.5 lbs./pair.

i`m looking to spend around 100$ but not over 125$

what would be a happy medium for not too hot in the early season and not too cold for the late season?

thanks O0

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Re: boots
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2007, 04:11:41 PM »
Check out http://www.sportsmansguide.com/.  Get a pair of their Guide Gear boots. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2007, 04:21:09 PM »
I have a cheap pair of Field & Stream, Un-insulated, Rubber Boots I picked up at Dick's Sporting Goods for $20.00.  Believe it or not, they are very, very, comfortable.  I got them a bit bigger than I needed, so I can add footbeds and heavier socks and wear them well into the fall.

I haven't got around to getting an insulated pair yet, but when I do they will be LaCrosse 800 or 1000 gram Thinsulate.  Like these...

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/product/standard-item.jsp?_DARGS=/cabelas/en/common/catalog/item-link.jsp_A&_DAV=MainCatcat20564-cat280030&id=0006631821225a&navCount=10&podId=0006631&parentId=cat280030&masterpathid=&navAction=push&catalogCode=IH&rid=&parentType=index&indexId=cat280030&hasJS=true

I would let temperatures and how far you need to travel make your decision for you.  If you are going to be doing some light canoeing or walking a hundred yards to your tree stand, in warm weather, I would get a cheap pair of uninsulated ones.  Then for the cooler weather I would get some 800 or 1000 gram Thinsulate ones.  If you shop around, I am sure you can get two pairs for the money you are willing to spend.  Also, if you get the plain olive colored ones, instead of camo, you will save a few bucks too.
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2007, 04:37:23 PM »
cool. thanks for the info. i allready have and use a simple pair of northerners. i`m looking for more comfortability than simple anymore. i have an OLD pair i use for the yard and i want to re-tire what i have now and go new for hunting and not so old for the yard.

Offline Justin Gilmer

• Gut Pile Guide
  • I love animals.... They're delicious!!
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2007, 05:02:29 PM »
Don't make the mistake of getting 1200 gram boots.  I rarely wear mine because the things are so wide I gave to walk with my feet shoulder width apart.  Don't try to drive in them either.  All you'll do is brake torque your ride.
Don't feel bad.....  We can't all be #1.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2007, 05:34:08 PM »
What are ya needin for a campin trip in the fall or a canoe trip with Travo(question mark) :twisted: ;D

I got a pair of Alpha Burlys and them things keep my feet reasonably warm on all but the coldest days as long as I am walkin. If yer just goin to be standin around especially in snow them damn things get chilly pretty quick.
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2007, 09:24:53 PM »
OK, Mad's smokin' crack! :roll:  ;D

Check out the link below to The Sportsmans Guide's rubber boots.

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/browse/browse.aspx?c=11&s=372

Here's a quick run down on the prices:

800 gram Thinsulate LaCross boots from Cabelas (Mad's link) - $99.95

600 gram Thinsulate Guide Gear boots - $49.97
1200 gram Thinsulate Guide Gear boots - $49.97
2000 gram Thinsulate Guide Gear boots - $59.97

O0 O0 O0 O0 O0

With LaCross, you pay for the name a whole lot.  I've got a set of the 800 gram Thinsulate Guide Gear boots.  They're really nice, and just as good as some "more expensive" boots I've had. :wink:  I caught them on sale a couple of years ago and paid about $30 for them. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: February 15, 2007, 02:02:45 AM »
wow i know where i`m getting some boots from.

good looking homie!

Offline bass stalker

« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2007, 08:09:20 PM »
are the boots gonna be multi purpose?  bought a pair of wolverine rubber boots that are snake proof and have a 1000grams thinsulate.  used during turkey and duck season..there about $50 bucks. if not lacrosse makes a rubber boot with a steel toe that is practical for about 25 bucks. hope this helps

travo

« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »
make sure they are big enough to fit the back legs of a sheep into. see ya on the campin trip(period).

Facebook Comments