October 23, 2017, 04:38:58 PM

Author Topic: scope...and not mouth wash!  (Read 9491 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: scope...and not mouth wash!
« Reply #10 on: February 22, 2007, 01:25:26 AM »
hey I didnt know travo was our newest marketin rep Better get him a list some and some sample bottles

;D ;D

i thought you hired him?

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2007, 11:57:36 AM »
6 - 18  O0
Good choice.  O0 I have a 6-24 with the mildots and illuminated recticles. I rarely go above 14 power, but sometimes you have to go above that, but rarely. For the same money or just a piddling amount more, you can go to the 6-24.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #12 on: February 24, 2007, 05:56:45 PM »
 This is my Barska, Techno. So far I'm extremely pleased with it
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=180469
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2007, 03:44:37 PM »
This is my Barska, Techno. So far I'm extremely pleased with it
http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=180469

as a matter of fact, someone on this board recomended that scope awhile back. i was wanting it. this is what i put on the hmr. the 3-12x40
http://www.bsaoptics.com/productlist.asp?ID=20&Cat_Name=sweet17.gif&Cat_Code=S17&Cat_Type=RFAM

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2007, 10:32:20 AM »
I think it was BC that was talking about he having good luck with Barska scopes.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2007, 03:50:09 PM »
I think it was BC that was talking about he having good luck with Barska scopes.

Wasn't me.  I don't have any Barska stuff.  I'm stingy with my money.  If I buy something, I'm going to make sure that it's going to last me.  When dealing with optics, I pretty much stick with the big names and go for known quality.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2007, 03:12:22 PM »
Im lookin at a Barska scope myself and it seems to be perfect for me. 6-24x50 for $60. however ive never had one or even used one...just wondering how many of yall have owned Barska scopes and had success with them besides AB and Ellwoodjake??  ???
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

BBF

« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2007, 11:53:31 PM »
 Barska  :shock: Where in blazes is that made?? Russia or China?  For 60 bucks, A good set of rings costs more.

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #18 on: April 15, 2007, 01:54:27 AM »
sorry BBF im on a pretty tight budget  :'( im lookin for somethin cheap  O0......yea i guess Barska does sound a little bit russian  ;D
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #19 on: April 15, 2007, 03:09:50 AM »
Barska  :shock: Where in blazes is that made?? Russia or China?  For 60 bucks, A good set of rings costs more.

;D ;D ;D

If the difference between rings being good and bad is rings that work and rings that don`t. $60 for rings is being ripped off  ;D ;D ;D

They say it only costs a little more to go first place. I keep hearing stories of cheaper scopes not holding zero well. I think if they didn`t these guys would complain about that. I`d go for the Barska or the BSA sweet .17 if thats all you can afford. I`d try for saving up and getting a Mueller or somethng high end.

Facebook Comments