December 13, 2017, 01:57:21 PM

Author Topic: scope...and not mouth wash!  (Read 9594 times)

travo

Re: scope...and not mouth wash!
« Reply #20 on: April 15, 2007, 08:37:59 PM »
or use my busted fishin rod,ultra long sight plane rod blank system. O0

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2007, 11:15:18 PM »
ok i think ive made up my mind! do any of yall have much experience with bushnell riflescopes? ive got a bushnell spotting scope and 3 or 4 bushnell binoculars and i love them but u never know about the riflescopes. im thinkin about a Bushnell Banner 6-18x50 AO Matte for $136.36 . plannin on puttin it on my 17. the only problem is that i would like adjustable objective but this is the best bargain i have found. everything else i can afford is a $H1ttY scope like Barska or Tasco. but i guess you cant get everything u ask for!  ???
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2007, 01:42:34 AM »
I was the one talking about the barska scopes... I didn't have high expectations, but I really like the scope.  It is on the CZ 17HM2..  got the multi dot reticle which I really like.  The optics are clear and sharp and I have had no troubble at all.  I am a big Burris fan for all of my stuff, sold off most of the leupold's to put on burris's, and I originally thought I would put one on the 17.. .but it doesn't need it.  Mine barska is the 3-12-40 AO .. Has parallex focus out to 200yards and then infinity..all of the click adjustments worked great while sighting it in and it is pretty light.   For the price I would buy it before I bought a tasco or bushhnell, and I don't give out accalades easily.  Give me a call if you have any questions about it.. happy to help.  AB
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2007, 02:17:16 PM »
Fuzz,give me a call if you have any feelings you want to discuss.. happy to help.  AB

;D ;D :twisted: :twisted:

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2007, 02:23:56 PM »
Where did you get that from!!!!!!   That's funny!!!  Revenge is sweet though my friend!
"Men don't change.  The only thing that surprises a man in his life, is the history he doesn't know."
                                                      Harry Truman

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #25 on: April 18, 2007, 02:26:05 PM »
geez AB I didnt know we could call ya to discuss our feelings  ;D Tech will probably be callin some he is feelin a little like he was the donkey at a show
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #26 on: April 18, 2007, 02:27:59 PM »
Where did you get that from!!!!!!   That's funny!!!  Revenge is sweet though my friend!

I swear I will never tell  ;D ;D

Just get me before i wake up  ;D ;D ;D

BBF

« Reply #27 on: April 18, 2007, 03:07:29 PM »
I just looked at my Bushnell scopes and found 2 made in Japan, 1 made in Korea and one that has nothing on it so I suspect it comes from China or Bagladesh.

I had a talk with a gunsmith this past weekend about several items including the Barska scopes. The company is based in California and the scopes are made in China.  The gunsmith liked the Barska scope and is trying to bring them into Canada, it will be almost  1 year until all the red tape is cut.

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #28 on: April 19, 2007, 10:45:25 PM »
I was the one talking about the barska scopes... I didn't have high expectations, but I really like the scope.  It is on the CZ 17HM2..  got the multi dot reticle which I really like.  The optics are clear and sharp and I have had no troubble at all.  I am a big Burris fan for all of my stuff, sold off most of the leupold's to put on burris's, and I originally thought I would put one on the 17.. .but it doesn't need it.  Mine barska is the 3-12-40 AO .. Has parallex focus out to 200yards and then infinity..all of the click adjustments worked great while sighting it in and it is pretty light.   For the price I would buy it before I bought a tasco or bushhnell, and I don't give out accalades easily.  Give me a call if you have any questions about it.. happy to help.  AB
thanks for the info AB! but now im really confused whether to get a barska or bushnell or somethin else...its just i dont want to buy a scope and not like it and sell it to get another one. i want to find one that i know i will like and will be able to hold on to. ill do a little bit more research  O0
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline AB

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • My hunting budy.
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2007, 06:33:05 AM »
Ask at the local stores, and if they are not game, order one from Cabellas.. See if you like it, and if not return it for a refund.  Cabellas is great about taknig things back that you don't like.  For the $$ ... before you spend after tax $155 on the buschnell try out the $55 barska... maybe you like it...maybe not...if you don't like it you sell it for $30 and you are out $25 for taking a chance.  If you end up keeping it it is like paying yourself $100...wich since you have already budgeted for you can spend on what ever you want  O0  That is how I rationalize things...scary, I know!  But I bet you will like the barska just fine.  Buy quality rings, not somethign to skimp on, and the scope should do great on the 17.
                                                      Harry Truman

Facebook Comments