December 15, 2017, 09:13:49 AM

Author Topic: Throw and Grow  (Read 1578 times)

Offline 12 Ring

• Rookie Club Member
Throw and Grow
« on: February 26, 2007, 11:51:24 AM »
Has anyone ever used this stuff I don't have enough cleared land to put in food plots. I was just woundering if any one used this on there land and if it worked for them.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Throw and Grow
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 01:01:09 PM »
Never heard of it.  What is it (what plants)?
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 07:02:47 PM »
I haven't either, but I found the break down and a couple of reviews on it:
reviews on it:

Forage Tetraploid Ryegrass:
Tetraploid rye-grass produces a higher quality forage with more protein and sugar content than any other ryegrass. We have selected only the best tetraploid ryegrass varieties so that you will have larger, more palatable plants that will continue to vigorously grow to provide a more nutritious food plot for your deer.

Forage Clovers:
The best of the fast growing forage clovers have been selected to give your herd a reliable source of nutrition. These annual clovers grow more quickly than other clovers and have the potential to grow well over 24” in height, providing your deer herd with tons of palatable forage. These forage clovers’ consistent high level of protein (up to 35%) and their mineral content make it a forage that deer both need and prefer.

Forage Rape Brassica:
The best yielding New Zealand forage rape brassica to deliver the highest levels of protein and mineral content of any annual forage available on the market today, providing up to 38% protein. This forage rape has been adapted to an extremely wide range of soils and weather conditions and will provide abundant large-leaf forage into the winter months. Average mature plant height is 24“ tall. Once mature, they begin fixing more sugars in their leaves and become a huge attractant to deer.

Overall Rating:  5 out of 5 

bring them back, November 10, 2006
By discouraged from Northern,Ca  (read all my reviews)

"I
bought this seed just to see how much wild life there was on the
property.I planted this on one of the hills on the back of my property
and within a few days it was growing.watching it grow for a couple of
weeks I noticed it wasn't getting very tall,so I knew something must be
eating it.to my amaze there was not only several deer tracks but also
several turkey tracks as well.the former owners of the property pretty
well chased the wild life out (over hunting ) and I can see this plot
is bring them back,may even have to fence it off just so it can get
taller.this seed works and recomend it to any one the has a hard to
grow area,it does work.next season I will get to do a little private
hunt of my own."

What do you usually hunt?: Deer
How many times a year do you hunt on average?: 3-5

Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review) 

Overall Rating:  4 out of 5 

Throw and Gro Grows, July 12, 2006
By Bow Doc from Denham Springs, LA

"I used Throw & Gro in South LA with little to no rainfall and still had greens at the beginning of the hunting season. It produced foliage and deer!"

What do you usually hunt?: Deer
How many times a year do you hunt on average?: 11+

1 of 1 people found this review helpful.
Was this review helpful to you?  Yes No (Report Inappropriate Review) 
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 10:14:27 PM »
Between the clover and brassica, it should do pretty good.  I would be kinda leery of it though with the rye grass in it.  With any type of "grass" like that, the stuff usually chokes out anything else you've got.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2007, 10:51:43 AM »
For those of you that don't know, BC is formally educated in this field. My money would be on what BC says on this matter.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
    • Gut Pile Style
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2007, 03:38:25 PM »
For those of you that don't know, BC is formally educated in this field. My money would be on what BC says on this matter.

Plott said, during college, all BC was interested in studying was weed.   :roll:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2007, 04:01:13 PM »
Plott said, during college, all BC was interested in studying was weed.   :roll:
yep it sure was the one thing he was good at I mean have ya ever heard him in the chat room :roll:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 04:16:26 PM »
Up on the roof top... Puff... Puff ... Pass... Old BC's getting stoned off his...
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 04:36:51 PM »
I have used it with good results have to watch it when it starts to get about 2 to three inches high turkeys love the stuff and deer will paw it up if you plant small spots I plant it in front of some of my tree stands in the woods draws the deer in they feel comfortable because there in the woods so some bigger bucks come in while you still have good light. rake up and area of 20 to thirty yards in a half moon shape in front of stand so when there eating along with give you good angles as they turn to feed. it's works good and for the most part a good all season draw.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Facebook Comments