December 13, 2017, 09:26:33 PM

Author Topic: Kenya hunting ban may be lifted  (Read 1320 times)

Offline adam

Kenya hunting ban may be lifted
« on: June 22, 2004, 11:16:29 AM »
http://www.nationmedia.com/eastafrican/31052004/Regional/Regional3105200413.html
If it says "meow" I say "Pow!"

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2004, 10:09:41 PM »
And we thought we had it bad over here!  The people in that article sound like a bunch of old women the way they're wining and carrying on!  It's not that hard people!  Look at the research on the betterment of wildlife populations, and the increase in revenue to the area available.  Hey Kenya, "Here's Your Sign"! :roll:
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline adam

« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2004, 01:05:20 PM »
Mark,
We ain't got hunting here in America! In Kenya 50 years ago,you could go on an all day hunt and kill 20 species of antelope,zebra,and dangerous game.An old timer hunter in Kenya killed more game in 1 month than most Americans kill in their lifetime.We do well with what we have here as far as conservation considering.
I agree 100% with you.The hunting ban was mplemented in 1977 by premier Kenyatta (an ex Mau Mau terrorist) under the advice of Richard Leakey who was greener than horse snot. Leakey was idolized by National Geographic and portrayed as a big time hero.Leakey decided  Kenya didn't need hunter revenues to manage wildlife.Instead the wildlife department would "Cull" overpopulated animals.Guess what?The system was abused and Kenya's wildlife has decreased 57% since 1977.Im no genius,and neither of us liked those population equation Dr. Frederick made us do,but I can see a direct correlation in banning sport hunting and the wildlife crash. :o

Offline adam

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2004, 01:14:13 PM »
AND
Last time I checked you were allowed to hunt elephant in Botswana,Zimbabwe,Tanzania and Mozambique.Those countries have a SURPLUS of elephant! Elephants are endangered from Ivory poaching in Kenya and Uganda.Smart people figured out that sport hunting=money=law enforcement to combat poaching!Mark and the rest of you,you should read Uhuru! by Robert Ruark.It deals with Kenya's independence in the 1960s.The idea I get was that the natives thought they were sticking it to the white man by abolishing hunting and destroying their own resources.The smarter ones have realized that they stuck it to thmselves!
:x
Unfortunately Zimbabwe's government hasn't learned anything and are determined to "stupid" themselves out of existence too!

Facebook Comments