August 21, 2018, 05:42:18 PM

Author Topic: yotes  (Read 2524 times)

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
yotes
« on: February 28, 2007, 09:57:42 PM »
hey techno, buddy pal friend of mine (can ya tell i want something)... do you call in the yotes, sit over bait how do you do it, this is first year i am planning on seriously going for them, and wanna hear what works and what dont so gimme info!!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: yotes
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2007, 11:36:38 PM »
mouth calls untill the mp3 player came along. i`m in a race with mosparky to get a low budget mp3 caller going. i have never done bait for anything. i would reccomend buying a dvd or two dedicated on predators.
this one i have and it`s cool. not much of a tut. but you see more actual footage and hear calls being used.
http://www.callingcoyotes.com/prodinfo.asp?number=RANVERDVD

i hear the calling all coyotes series is more of a tut. but i havn`t gotten any YET!

this one is good also
https://shop.primos.com/pc-657-64-mastering-the-art-guide-to-calling-predator-dvd.aspx

and don`t forget hitting varmint al`s site for a plethra of 411
http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm

this is the caller i`m working on. you can get an mp3 player suitable at wal-mart for 20-40$
http://www.varmintal.com/ahunt.htm

we used mostly prey sounds but i want to try some dogs sounds this year. no matter what your going to find most issues with coyote hunting are best described as " one side of the room says taste great, the other side says less filling"
i`m no whizz-bang master but hopefully you can get started and do better then i  ;D ;D

Offline Morax

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 06:43:44 AM »
I have been all over varmit als place!  downloaded his samples and was listening and trying to prefect mine to go along with or at least something close to. and thanks for the other linkys too, its hard to practice though usually the first call the dogs are up looking around second call they are in my face!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 03:00:31 PM »
honestly the biggest thing i see about calling is not too much "how" you sound but "what" and "how loud" you do it. imagine starting off blowing your head off for 5 mins. you see a yote at about 300 yards and want him closer. thats when you decide what how how loud. alot of guys seem to use mouse or squeek sounds once the yotes are within 80yards + - alot of hand kissing. or you could hunt in timber with not more than a 80 yards view, what do you do? how loud and what do you start with? also why are you doing it? if your really serious about thinning dogs, you may drive around and scout track,trails etc to make a set rather setting up and calling.think of yote calling and hunting like deer calling and hunting of sorts.

Offline Morax

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 04:32:56 PM »
i see a yote at 300 yards, its gonna be a dead yote at 300 yards!!

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2007, 03:33:08 PM »
I was looking at the waterfowl thread when a coyote walked thru the back yard.  Season ended in March so it's safe right now. 
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 10:38:01 AM »
I was looking at the waterfowl thread when a coyote walked thru the back yard.  Season ended in March so it's safe right now. 
  ??? Dang! We have no closed season on 'yotes here because they are considered varmints, and rightfully so.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »
  ??? Dang! We have no closed season on 'yotes here because they are considered varmints, and rightfully so.

Illinois is the same way.Indiana though has a closed season.You can sure tell there is a closed season around here.The sub-urbs are crawling with yotes right now.I think a new bow might be in order for some dog lovin  ;D ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 09:36:19 AM »
I think a new bow might be in order for some dog lovin  ;D ;D

I think I might be able to hook you up with what you need. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 09:23:40 PM »
I think I might be able to hook you up with what you need. O0
which part the new bow or the dog lovin ??? ;D ;D ya gonna send him the replacement :twisted: ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments