October 24, 2017, 07:24:08 AM

Author Topic: Kentucky Chicken Frying Mix  (Read 1421 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Kentucky Chicken Frying Mix
« on: June 24, 2004, 06:46:39 PM »
This is basically "seasoned flour".  It's good for any kind of meat that you would flour and fry.  Also, if you don't care for salt that much, cut the salt down to about half of what it says.  I really like pepper, so I add extra pepper to it.  I hardly ever salt anything, and the first bunch I made up was a little too salty for me.  The subsequent batches, I cut the salt in half and it was great!!! :D   Enjoy!

1 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon each:  garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, paprika, and dried parley
1/4 teaspoon each:  basil, oregano, thyme, sage, fennel seed, and celery seed
1/8 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
Note:  Use finely ground herbs.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 12:09:08 PM »
Thanks, BC! It looks pretty simple to make, which I appreciate,too. =D>
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline catfishsr

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 11:01:03 PM »
bc
it is a good recipe .i use one alot like it
i am glad you kept it simple or old john would of made it in to a soup :shock: .or something.
he most likely will use it on some carp :shock:  :D
NONE STAND AS TALL AS THE PERSON WHO BENDS OVER TO HELP A CHILD.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 08:47:47 PM »
Hey John, just add a little corn meal to it (usually 2-1 with flour), and it should be good-to-go on the carp! :shock:  :D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2004, 01:39:19 AM »
!!!!!! You rascals! Hey, actually, it does sound good for carp! Nix on the soup, if it is simple to mix. I would like to have you fellas here for some good ol' Indian fried carp! First, you roll it in mud, and then,......... .
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments