December 16, 2017, 01:25:37 PM

Author Topic: Crimson Raptor broadheads???  (Read 3301 times)

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
Crimson Raptor broadheads???
« on: March 01, 2007, 07:58:22 PM »
Hey yall! Got a quick question about Crimson broadheads? Are they any good? I don't see guys on TV using them and they'll super expensive ($30 per three). Any comments?

travo

Re: Crimson Raptor broadheads???
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 11:33:25 AM »
arent those the ones with the turn in the blade itself, kinda like a screw pattern? if so, i think its a gimmick. unless the arrow was rotating at the exact speed and angle that the blades are turned at, the curved blades wouldnt do anything. its not as it an arrow is gonna "drill" its way through a deer. i use good old muzzys.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 12:49:34 PM »
The crimson talons are a joke shoot them into a bale of straw and 4 out of the 6 blades will be either bent real bad or broken for me they didn't group at all and when i shot a deer with it the broadhead looked like a bomb blew up in it had 8 pices of the broadhead left The broadheads made noise going thru the air They are made of light weight materials the main shaft of the broadhead bent They had a recall on them for that problem. I know several other people that tried them and none of them shoot them either any more
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 01:03:22 PM »
I had real good luck with the mangus buzz cuts Ted Nugent supports them. This time of year Mejiers usually has them marked down to between 9 to 13 dollars for   a pack of three they resharpen very easy and pentrate bone like a bullet I shot deer in the spine, skull, and front shoulder with no problems at all with the heads and with the serated blade leave good blood trails i'am shooting them and trying some of the strikers this year
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 01:41:49 PM »
Rocket Aerohead Broadheads are not just the tip of your arrow; they offer superior penetration that will change preconceived notions about mechanical broadheads. Their broadheads are aerodynamically designed for total field point accuracy with a minimum amount of exposed blade surface in flight. Rocket Aerohead Broadheads offer increased shooting accuracy and penetration using advanced broadhead design technology. Their broadheads will be the most important piece of archery equipment you own.

Since the 1980's, Rocket Aerohead has specialized in manufacturing nothing but broadheads. Rocket continues to dedicate resources to advance their broadhead technology year after year. They offer the best hunting and archery broadheads in the market today.

I have been using Rocket Aeroheads for about 15 years and would never consider any other.  Yes, I have the occassional bent blade, but the blood trail they leave are second to none.  Most of the deer I shot, about 20+, with the rockets have either piled up within 30 yards or only have gone about 100-200 yards after being hit.  I have made some bad shots where the animal was recoved because it bled out due to the gapping wound left by the Rocket Aerohead. 

Give the Rocket Aeroheads a looking over before you decide on another brand.   

Click here to visit:
Rocket Aeroheads Web Site

« Last Edit: March 02, 2007, 02:57:09 PM by Stonycreek Whitetails »
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2007, 02:15:58 PM »
wow stoney tell us what ya really think buddy!!

wasnt Mad River checking these Bheads out at one time?  Mr. Mad??
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2007, 02:51:33 PM »

Nope, not me. ^-^  I think it was Sticker PT. ;D

I ended up going with G5 Outdoors' Strikers. O0

They penetrate Maple Trees very, very, well. ;D

I am sure they would wreak havoc on a deer. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2007, 02:53:08 PM »
wow stoney tell us what ya really think buddy!!

Ahh Morax..... Stocks were a little low this quarter so I felt I had to make a sales pitch.....   :wink:
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2007, 04:04:49 PM »
well i heard the name before, and you was the only one there thats been talking bows in my direction so i thought it was you...

stoney, the way i look at it is if you try something and it works above and beyond its expectations then yell it from the rooftops... from talking to you on the phone i can tell you are a very animated type of person, if something works you let people know if it dont work you let EVERYONE know!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2007, 10:08:52 PM »
So I guess it's a no-go on these broadheads. But they look so darn kewl!

Facebook Comments