December 10, 2017, 10:54:54 PM

Author Topic: Crimson Raptor broadheads???  (Read 3298 times)

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
Re: Crimson Raptor broadheads???
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2007, 10:20:18 PM »
Blood_Trail,

Rocket offers a Money Back Guarantee on any broken broadheads. 

Heres a clip from their website.....

Rocket Aeroheads have all the stay together strength of the toughest conventional broadheads. They are continuously put through some grueling tests and they will stay together through the toughest materials. The blades are secured with screws. A factory replacement or refund will be given for any Aerohead that breaks a folding blade on game. The blades may occasionally bend when impacting large bone, but they continue to cut and they will not break. Blades, which bend slightly sideways, do so because they are forcing the ferrule to turn. It is a more effective use of arrow energy for a blade to bend now and then on large bone in order to conserve energy to cut more vital tissue and promote rapid hemorrhaging. The worst-case scenario is that the cutting diameter and blade angle are reduced to that of a conventional broadheads; a rare event in the field even when penetrating shoulder bone.

Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2007, 10:28:09 PM »
I'll deff check it out! Thanks bro! O0

travo

« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2007, 12:19:57 PM »
sorry, stoney, not a fan of the rockets or any expandable. on a good quartering away shot, the will spin off the deer, with the first blade deploying before the others and catapulting the arrow sideways, greatly limiting penetration. ive ya gotta go mechanicals, limit yourself to perfect broadside shots. a bunch of outfitters and even a few states have denied the mechanical for just this reason. for sure kill dependability, ya cant beat a muzzy.

Offline bohicajuan

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • On the cover of Flashlight Magazine!
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2007, 05:26:26 PM »
Those Crimson Raptors come in a slick package. It takes more than a slick package to get it done.

I'll stick with Magnus.
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

travo

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2007, 06:09:39 PM »
yup, used the magnus head,too. indistructable and devastating. hit a coon in the skull with one. i was fearin the worse, but the head was fine, the arrow shaft cracked. the coon? not so fine. the snuffers, right bohica?

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2007, 07:49:03 PM »
Snuffers, sho nuff get em done!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0
To you gutless cowards and scumbags, who are trying to lie and rewrite history. To those out to commit genocide on the Southern people with your destruction of Confederate monuments and your attacks on Southern heritage and pride. Be happy for now. Because someday when that civil war you wanted starts. I will find you. And I will kill you.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2007, 07:54:12 PM »
Snuffers, sho nuff get em done!!!! O0 O0 O0 O0

Seeing as you are shooting a Black Widow (Yes I am still jealous) I figured a guy like you would be using the Wensel Woodsman Broadheads??
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline bohicajuan

« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2007, 08:00:09 PM »
Never have used em'.

Only time you see them here is during a traditional shoot. I'd say Magnus is the most popular here but Mr. Wensels' are a close second.

Problem is......

They can't be found here, and you have to order them. A city of this size and you have to order broadheads. It's a pi**er. I shoot 100 grain Magnus and can't complain.

Maybe I'll get some one day.

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2007, 11:27:05 PM »
How bout I just use some sharp sticks? :D

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #19 on: March 04, 2007, 05:11:42 PM »
The mangus is hard to beat even with the fastest bows and you can resharpen saves on blade cost.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Facebook Comments