December 16, 2017, 05:44:09 PM

Author Topic: Crimson Raptor broadheads???  (Read 3302 times)

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
Re: Crimson Raptor broadheads???
« Reply #20 on: March 04, 2007, 07:22:50 PM »
What about Grim Reapors? ???

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #21 on: March 04, 2007, 08:50:32 PM »
they make a good sized hole on penatrate really good can usually see them drop within eye sight
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #22 on: March 04, 2007, 09:50:25 PM »
CAn't wait to try them out on some texas grizzlies this week! O0

Offline tren75

« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 09:49:47 AM »
total garbage, shot at a beautiful high tined 10 point buck at about 15 yds broadside standing still, the broadhead broke off about and inch into the deer, it rolled the o-ring back onto the shaft (BTW- they were carbon express arrows) and broke the broadhead clean off, penetration sucks, I seen this buck spotting afterward and he had a noticeable limp :sad:, did not see him in rifle season so I am hoping someone shot him, I was using crimson cudas 100 grain's, i would not recommend the crimson line no matter if its the cuda or raptor to my worst enemy, I shot at a nice 8 point earlier in the season, I know I made a good hit and could not find my arrow, blood trail, nothing, another bad instance with this line of broadheads >:(. Why is it also that no pros endorse or use the crimson line, I'll tell you why, they are junk and nothing more than marketing hype, I would not trust these for the hunt you are going on.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 09:56:35 AM by tren75 »

Offline tren75

« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 09:51:07 AM »
BTW- here are some pictures for proof, you can also see the hair and some meat in the broken off portion of the arrow, that pisses me of daily looking at that >:(
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 09:52:49 AM by tren75 »

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 06:15:45 PM »
Dude, that suks... >:(
If you're like me, I know that just makes you sick. I shot a doe last season in the hind leg up thru the gut. This was at about 30 yards. I don't know if she jumped the string or I had the fever (first bow deer) but nevertheless, it was a bad shot. She ran about 30 yards and  bedded down. I new it was a bad shot so I gave her about an hour. I went out to get her and that's when I kicked her up. She gave chase for a good mile before she got tired and laid down. That's when I snook broadside and stuck her good. From the time I shot her the first time to the time I drug her was about 3.5 hours. But i was determined not to leave wounded game out there.....

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 07:40:39 PM »
any gut shot deer should be given a mimiun of 8 hours if possible over night she probably would've been right there

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 10:07:15 PM »
yeah, it really wasn't a true gut shot.it went thru her hindleg and about 3 in. in her gut :'(

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 10:26:40 PM »
if the gut was punched it was gut shot  smell the arrow or look for greenish or brownish matter if the arrow smells like guts don't track it for a minium of 8 hours they usually don't go over 200 yards and lay down have a better chance of recovery gut shot is gut shot

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 11:28:41 PM »
didn't mean to sound so serious we all make bad shots now and then just glad you recovered the deer and my hats off to ya for sticking to finding her good luck in future hunts

Facebook Comments