December 16, 2017, 10:01:44 AM

Author Topic: Crimson Raptor broadheads???  (Read 3300 times)

Offline Stonycreek Whitetails

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • From the Mountains of Western Pa!!
    • SureDraw Hunting Products
Re: Crimson Raptor broadheads???
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 11:34:06 PM »
Dude, that suks... >:(
If you're like me, I know that just makes you sick. I shot a doe last season in the hind leg up thru the gut. This was at about 30 yards. I don't know if she jumped the string or I had the fever (first bow deer) but nevertheless, it was a bad shot. She ran about 30 yards and  bedded down. I new it was a bad shot so I gave her about an hour. I went out to get her and that's when I kicked her up. She gave chase for a good mile before she got tired and laid down. That's when I snook broadside and stuck her good. From the time I shot her the first time to the time I drug her was about 3.5 hours. But i was determined not to leave wounded game out there.....

Sounds like you may have gotten a peice of her femoral artery. Good job on the recovery efforts and also for realizing the bad shot placement.  The fever happens to all of us and you done what any respectable hunter would've done, you didn't give up within 5 minutes.  You were determined to recover the wounded animal, you did, and thats all that matters.... 

Good Job....  O0
Who was the first person to look at a cow and say, "I think I'll squeeze these dangly things here, and drink whatever comes out?"

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #31 on: March 06, 2007, 05:18:46 PM »
Quote from: bighoytman link=topic=6046t.msg44414#msg44414 date=1173155321
didn't mean to sound so serious we all make bad shots now and then just glad you recovered the deer and my hats off to ya for sticking to finding her good luck in future hunts

It's all good, I'm not butt-hurt! :-P

I just couldn't leave her out there when I could hear those damn coyotes. >:(
There're next....... O0

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #32 on: March 06, 2007, 05:21:15 PM »
Sounds like you may have gotten a peice of her femoral artery. Good job on the recovery efforts and also for realizing the bad shot placement.  The fever happens to all of us and you done what any respectable hunter would've done, you didn't give up within 5 minutes.  You were determined to recover the wounded animal, you did, and thats all that matters.... 

Good Job....  O0

Thanks, bro! We live we learn, right? I never shot a deer that close before and it was only a doe but dang! I didn't think i would get the fever over a doe. I guess its' alot different when you're stalking'em thru those crosshairs.... :shock:

Facebook Comments