November 20, 2017, 04:28:37 AM

Author Topic: Wild Hog BAckstrap recipe!  (Read 9308 times)

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
Wild Hog BAckstrap recipe!
« on: March 02, 2007, 07:11:06 AM »
Aight, y'all. First off, let me kill that rumor the big wild hogs are gamey and rank. But it's all in how you prep ya meat. Whenever you harvest a big hog, once you quarter it out, immediatley pack and freeze it.

Anyway, take a couple of backstrap roasts. Get a cooler with ice water, 1 cup of vinegar, and about 16 oz. of lemon juice. Allow the meat to soak in this acidity mixture for a couple of days, until the meat is grayish in color and there is no more blood in it. Make sure you change out your water,vingar, and lemon juice ONCE a day, keeping plenty ice in the cooler. The reason for the vingar and lemon juice is to netrualized the gamey taste in big wild hogs.

Once ya meat is all prep'ed out, apply a libral amount of your favorite rub and wrap the whole backstrap in bacon. Yes,I said it, BACON. WIld hog don't have the soft fat that the pigggys in the store have. Plus, this gives it great flavor and keeps it moist! To keep the bacon on the meat, I like to staple them to it.  :)

Fire up your favrotie grill (I like hickory or any other hardwood coals) and throw the meat on. Don't over cook it and enjoy!

Online John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Wild Hog BAckstrap recipe!
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 10:04:29 AM »
Sounds great!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Wild Hog BAckstrap recipe!
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 11:01:51 PM »
Gonna be using that here in a few months! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments