November 24, 2017, 08:00:01 AM

Author Topic: Iowa Hog Hunting-No License Required  (Read 3296 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Iowa Hog Hunting-No License Required
« on: March 02, 2007, 06:16:53 PM »
Just to let you folks know, according to my sources, no license or permit is required to hunt hogs in Iowa.  :)
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Iowa Hog Hunting-No License Required
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2007, 07:22:11 PM »
out of state peoples too??
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2007, 09:51:53 PM »
yeah it's like that here in Texas. They multiply so fast. If your out of town, you do have to have a license.

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2007, 10:13:38 PM »
Yeah Morax its goes for everybody accordin to my scources O0
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2007, 10:59:06 PM »
good to hear. john i`m still looking to come out and check these pigs out with you,plott and travo!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2007, 09:28:45 AM »
good to hear. john i`m still looking to come out and check these pigs out with you,plott and travo!
That's great, tech! Maybe some of the other folks can make the trip sometime, too.  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2007, 01:54:38 PM »
That's great, tech! Maybe some of the other folks can make the trip sometime, too.  O0

we have enough of us pretty close. i don`t know why we can`t have a northern gutpile hog hunt! O0 O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2007, 08:06:22 AM »
we have enough of us pretty close. i don`t know why we can`t have a northern gutpile hog hunt! O0 O0
I don't know why we can't, either.  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2007, 10:45:14 AM »
I got it all figured out how plott can knife stick/kill a hog. We are going to bury bait near a big oak tree with a rope hung from above and to the side. Plott will be in waiting on a limb with his big knife and the rope.
While the hog is rooting the bait hole, plott will swing down upon the hog, just like Tarzan.
Several things are important- just the right rope length and plott not losing his grip. Also, timing is important, we don't want plott swinging into the hog's jaws like a flying lunch. Then, there is the correct angle of attack. We don't want plott stabbing the hog in the butt. That would tend to just anger the brute and increase the frenzied beast's attack upon poor plott.
Perhaps a knotted rope with big knots every foot or so would be helpful.
We will have need of someone filming the episode. Durung the action scene of our hero plott, Swing Low Sweet Chariot could be played as background music. Or some of that Tarzan program music.
AB could use it on one of his TV shows when he gets famous. This is just getting better and better! And plott will get rich and famous, too!
I just thought of one great danger while plott is swooping down on the unsuspecting murderous creature. I hope the rope doesn't twist and spin plott into the surprised tusker, butt first.  :shock: Maybe we should have the hog covered with some heavy firepower, just in case.  :twisted: What do you folks think?

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2007, 01:42:50 PM »
The only flaw I see with yer plan is we should really have 2 people swing towards the hog so at least one of us has a chance to stick it. Oh and NO heavy firepower I can see BC tryin to shoot the rope I am swingin on
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments