October 21, 2017, 11:57:16 AM

Author Topic: Blaser vanes that great?  (Read 1642 times)

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
Blaser vanes that great?
« on: March 04, 2007, 12:09:32 PM »
What's up, yall? I shoot Cabelas brand 65/80 350 grain carbons and 100 grain tips. My rig is a Parker Hunter Mag set at #70 with a 30 in pull. I consistanly grouping shots 5 inches from 20-70 yards away. I shoot atleast twice a week from different postitions, angles and sitting. My buddy swears by Blasers as far as accuracy. I'm kinda torn cuz I think iam going good with minuimal quality arrows. Input? :-\

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: Blaser vanes that great?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2007, 12:58:33 PM »
I dont bow hnut shoot or nuffin,

BUT it like any sport, depends on a lot of things.
if you are doing fine with your own admission of "minimal quality" equipment, then just think what ya would do with top of the line stuff..  if you can hit 8 out of ten times with a bargin basement arrow, a good one will give ya 9 out of 10..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline BigStrutter

• Happiness is a 50 cal.
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2007, 01:16:11 PM »
If your stuff ain't broke.don't fix it!!

I do shoot blazer's but only for one season. And in that little amount of time I can not tell much difference between them and my old 4" vanes. I have not tried them with mechanicals but they are accurate with my 100 gr. Muzzy's.

Ned
Show a child the outdoors and you will show them the world.

FOREVER G540

travo

« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2007, 01:25:17 PM »
yup, if it aint broke dont fix it. if all ya do is hunt, and have enough accuracy for huntin, keep what ya got. if you are a competitive archer as i am, that last little push of quality can be the difference between 1st and 5th place.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2007, 03:18:34 PM »
yup, if it aint broke dont fix it. if all ya do is hunt, and have enough accuracy for huntin, keep what ya got. if you are a competitive archer as i am, that last little push of quality can be the difference between 1st and 5th place.

Thank you guys for clarrifying what i was trying to say, you said it better than i could but you understood what i was meaning
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2007, 03:51:39 PM »
Thanks for the input...I might take a couple of busted vane arrows and put some Blaser on before I rush out buy a box of em... O0

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: March 05, 2007, 03:57:04 PM »
Blazers are okay  if you have clearance issues as far as vanes go I like the spin tight vanes. But Feathers I feel give the best all around broadhead or target tip groupings.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2007, 05:09:33 PM »
What about if your're shooting with a whisker biscuit? ???

travo

« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 12:34:21 AM »
my buddy shoots em through a whisker bisquit no problem.

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2007, 08:54:58 PM »
i've been shooting the blazer vanes lately on a couple arrows they fly the same as my quick spins but with a fixed blade broadhead I preferr a four inch feather.for me there good for target shooting but I perferr feathers for hunting but thats just me with the open on impacts they probably would work well
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Facebook Comments