October 19, 2017, 01:41:05 AM

Author Topic: Hello from the Outer Banks  (Read 5825 times)

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Hello from the Outer Banks
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2007, 09:03:52 AM »
Welcome to The Wild Bunch, Ashley!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2007, 11:27:39 AM »
I'm originaly from North Alabama.
See that right there tells me ya O.K.  O0

Now, see........That right there tells me that we're going to have to watch you!  As long as you don't like "little dogs", there may be hope for you! ;D

Welcome to The Pile! O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2007, 02:54:56 PM »
Now, see........That right there tells me that we're going to have to watch you!  As long as you don't like "little dogs", there may be hope for you! ;D

Welcome to The Pile! O0

Dang B C, if ya wuz gonna poke me in the eye , couldn't ya have aimed for the left one ?   Now I got to learn to shoot south-paw   O0   ;D
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #13 on: March 26, 2007, 07:20:58 AM »
You will enjoy the water sports of the coastal NC.  I suggest you also try your hand at shrimping with a cast net.  It takes a minute to learn but in the end you will have lots of fun and shrimp to boot.  Suggestion, get to your spot early while its still light out.  For they fill up very fast as dusk approaches. 

You will enjoy the hunting too, not sure what your fancy is, but deer hunting is good.  Not as big as your use to back home, but that is why you can shoot more of them.  Try the Croatan National forrest or see about hunting on base at Cherry Point or Camp Lejeune.  A bit of a drive, but you can hunt on base on Sunday, where back in the day when I was there you could not hunt on Sundays anywhere else in NC. 

RIK

I agree with Rook in Kansas... GO down to Camp Lejeune or even New RIver Air Station. There's plenty of deer (esp. on the Air Base) and there's stands all ready to go. That's where I used to hunt when I was in the Marines. You're in a great place for deer and bear and awesome fishing. Take advange of it! Oh Yeah, Welcome!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #14 on: March 27, 2007, 12:24:41 AM »

when I was in the Marines.

how come ya left?

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #15 on: March 27, 2007, 09:29:10 AM »
how come ya left?

Tha wifey has that bio-clock thing going. She was in the Corps as well. I'll go back in if they can match my salary now. O0
But I sure miss it everyday... :'(

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #16 on: March 27, 2007, 11:12:14 AM »
You must have married one of the few good looking ones in there.  O0 It's one heck of a change to civilian life.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Blood_Trail

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #17 on: March 27, 2007, 07:19:47 PM »
You must have married one of the few good looking ones in there.  O0 It's one heck of a change to civilian life.

Yeah, she's a reallooker, thats for sure! She was an IT guy in the Corps.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2007, 08:21:48 PM »

She was an IT guy in the Corps.

An IT guy in the Corps.?  No wonder you left the Corps...............They do still have the "Don't Ask, Don't Tell" policy don't they? ;D
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2007, 12:23:11 PM »
thats why he got out, he did tell  ;D ;D

Facebook Comments