November 24, 2017, 06:15:23 AM

Author Topic: 100ft dog lead  (Read 2035 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
100ft dog lead
« on: March 26, 2007, 01:55:15 AM »

since i can`t let any of my dogs go free, i made a wonderfull tool to aid in keeping them fit! you can only imagine if you walk a section once and let your dog go out and call it back a time or two on the way it will be WAY better than a smaller lead and a simple walk.

100ft 5/8th rope $30.00
5/8th rope clamp $1.75
1 1/4 bolt snap $4.00

the amount of work it will create for the dog and not me

PRICELESS!  ;D ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: 100ft dog lead
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2007, 01:57:43 AM »
glad to see ya figured out how to work them clamps :twisted: ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2007, 01:49:10 PM »
yes, i had the help of a master dogman  ;D  O0

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2007, 05:20:38 PM »
Dang Tech ya got my sympathy , no place close enough to run ya dogs . :sad:

Might be time to relocate to MS.   ;D but if ya can't or WON"T   :twisted: then you have come up with a good solution  O0  O0  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2007, 09:47:45 AM »
Good idea, tech!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2007, 05:19:55 PM »
that almost looks like yachting braid except for the price. Were you planning on hoisting your dogs? :twisted:

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2007, 05:57:39 PM »
that almost looks like yachting braid except for the price. Were you planning on hoisting your dogs? :twisted:

;D ;D

no, it`s all about trust and responsibility. the rope ain`t gonna break, we all can see that. the hardware used isn`t breaking either. i sure could have gone with liter equipment,but the possibility of something going worng is too great. i also don`t have the dogs heeling or walking calmly. i`m strong enough and don`t mind them pulling like a tractor. it uses more muscles and gives them a better work out pulling. under stress i want to make darn sure NO piece of euipment is breaking while out in public. i know you`z guys is just poking and it`s making me laugh, but other folks take a look and think i`m trying to promote my dogs bad ass image. i just don`t understand how one could not see, heavy duty means safty...would they rather my dogs loose and fighting with other animals...or worse, techno nipping a child? cause it don`t look so tough    :roll:

travo

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2007, 08:29:28 PM »
ever worked with a shock collar? duke is a joy to take for a walk. i dont even shock him anymore. just push the chime button, and he knows to come right back. he knows what comes next. i know it probably would be hard for you to shock techno, but as opposed to him whiplashing himself every time he takes a walk, a little training on a low setting may do the trick.

BBF

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2007, 05:44:41 PM »
 hah hah ,I am thinking of a bungie cord.  Doggie  takes  off  at Warp 3 and all of a sudden that kinetic energy stored up in the cord brings him back at Warp 4 :twisted:

That brings up a story.   Mrs BBF on her first moose hunt grabs a freshly skinned hide and trots off towards the boat. As part the hide lifts off the ground that surprised looks comes on her face,  next she knows she is  flipped right back on her butt.  Of course you never ever have a camera handy at those times. ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2007, 05:46:30 PM »
maybe Mrs BBF would be willin to recreate the moment for a video camera so we can all enjoy such moments  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Facebook Comments