November 21, 2017, 07:09:29 AM

Author Topic: Posting Pictures In a Topic / Response  (Read 10115 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Posting Pictures In a Topic / Response
« on: March 27, 2007, 10:38:23 AM »
Well, since the other copy of this seems to have gone the way of the Do-Do temporarily, I figured that I would repost it.

When posting pictures in a topic or in a response, there are essentially 2 ways to do it.  First you can load the picture/file straight into your post, or you can post an image link that will make the picture show up in the finished post when people are reading it.  We'll go over attaching straight into the post first.

If you want to attach one straight into the topic, after you get done typing in your response or whatever you're putting in, below the box where you type, you'll see "Additional Options...".  Click on this.

This will open up an area where you can check boxes and such, but there will also be an area labeled "Attach".  This area lists the allowed file types, as well as the maximum size (1000 KB).  You can attach up to 7 files this way.  Just click on the "(more attachments)" link and it will open up additional areas.  Anyway, click on the "Browse" button to locate the file on your PC and then click open.

That's pretty much it for this way of doing it.  Once you click the "Post" button, your files will be uploaded to the GPS server and saved there, in your post.

The second way to attach a picture is to attach the image link.  To do this, the picture needs to already be loaded onto another site somewhere.  You can use the picture area here on GPS (http://www.gutpilestyle.com/cpg132/index.php) or a host elsewhere.  Other places you can use include Hunt101 and Photobucket as an example.

Anyway, once you've got the picture loaded onto the other site, you'll want to post the image link.  There's 2 ways of getting that.  Some places have the image link listed on the detail page for the picture.  This link is what you'll need to copy for use later (more later).

If the link isn't listed, then you've got to get it.  You'll need to right-click on the picture and go down to Properties and click.

Once on the Properties page, you'll see the link (or address) for the picture.  Highlight this link and copy it.  You can click OK or Cancel to close the dialog box.

Once you've got the link copied, then you'll paste that link (address) into your post.  First you'll need to set it up though.  Above the emoticons (smileys) above where you're typing your response, there's a bunch of buttons for different things to do.  Click on the second one from the left in the bottom row.  You will get two "img" things that come up between brackets (this is the HTML code that lets you post the picture).

Paste your copied link in the middle of the two inner brackets.  When you get the link pasted in, it will look like this.

Be sure and not leave any spaces in between the two "img" areas or mess with anything in the link area, otherwise it will mess up the link and your picture won't show up.  Also, if you ever delete the picture off of the external web site that the link is pointing to, your picture won't show up anymore.  The link would then be pointing to a picture that doesn't exist anymore.

That's it.  Keep typing your response or whatever else you were going to do in the topic.  When you get done, and click "Post", you picture will show up.

BTW, that picture is of the KY State B&C Record.  It was taken in Nov. of 2000, and scores 204 2/8 B&C.  The guy who killed it (pictured) is Robert Smith, I believe.

If you guys/gals have any questions, let me know.  O0
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 09:16:26 AM by Big58cal »
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Re: Posting Pictures In a Topic / Response
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2007, 11:16:36 AM »
Thanks, BC! Hey, that guy shot your deer!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2007, 01:31:09 PM »
ok then what?
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2007, 04:15:05 PM »
ok then what?

Well, in your case, you would actually need to START with shooting a critter and getting a picture of it........  THEN, when you want to post the picture of it, you'll know how. :wink:

BTW Morax, this only works with electronic copies of the picture.  Your screen would probably start to get kinda cluttered up taping pictures up to your monitor, not to mention the fact that we wouldn't be able to see them. ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.

Offline Morax

« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2007, 04:19:33 PM »
Well, in your case, you would actually need to START with shooting a critter and getting a picture of it........  THEN, when you want to post the picture of it, you'll know how. :wink:

BTW Morax, this only works with electronic copies of the picture.  Your screen would probably start to get kinda cluttered up taping pictures up to your monitor, not to mention the fact that we wouldn't be able to see them. ;D

man and i spent all that time cutting and pasteing today too!!!  heheheh

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2007, 04:41:14 PM »
man and i spent all that time cutting and pasteing today too!!!  heheheh

See, you didn't follow the directions....... :roll:  They say copy and paste. :roll:

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Morax

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2007, 09:21:12 PM »
See, you didn't follow the directions....... :roll:  They say copy and paste. :roll:

but i cant draw that good to copy them... heheh  here for your enjoyment

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2007, 09:33:16 PM »
Dang dude.  I thought I had bad luck with women.  You really should consider being more faithful or something to keep from ticking the women off like that! ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2007, 12:16:36 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

the audi looked like it was a stunt double for the elephants in the spear chucking video!!

the boat in front of the house will never leave my mind  ;D ;D ;D

oh and "bitch house"  ;D ;D ;D ;D

i will be chuckling all day long, thanks morax!!

;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: March 28, 2007, 06:54:45 PM »
;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

the boat in front of the house will never leave my mind  ;D ;D ;D

Someone else here recently was talking about a boat weren't they?  Who was that anyway? :roll:  I betcha' that's his boat..... ;D

John Andrews Is My Hero!

Facebook Comments