November 23, 2017, 05:20:46 PM

Author Topic: city vet`s are shiesters!!  (Read 3115 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
city vet`s are shiesters!!
« on: March 30, 2007, 02:50:18 PM »
so i called today to find out about taking all 3 dogs in. lex needed rabies,distemper and a parvo shot. shcranz and techno needed the parvo and distemper. simply for walking through the door they want $23. since i can`t take more than one dog at a time they want $23 each dog each time. thats not even doing anything to them!! they automatically wanted to muzzle all 3 as well. they say they do it to all "those" breeds.

i called a lady 30min north of the city and got all 3 dogs done and back home for $58 and i didn`t even see a muzzle in the place! she stuck each dog without them even knowing about it. when she did lexi the first time, i didn`t even know! and how i really knew the lady was ok, i brought schranz in and set him on the table. she asked how he was. i told her "pretty docile untill he gets nervous". she says, "yeah like most men!" and we  laugh. i then say "all you got to do is rub his balls and he will be allright!"   ;D

she said "i don`t need him to buy me anything"  ;D ;D

i know this post is pointless but i`m happy A. lex did so well, i thought it would be a nightmare with her. and B. the new vet is really cool!

good day! O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
Re: city vet`s are shiesters!!
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2007, 03:07:52 PM »
but yer the master of pointless posts ;D Ya found a good vet at least we went through 6 before I got one that worked for us he really appreciates it though when all 8 dogs come in at once to ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2007, 03:13:37 PM »
but yer the master of pointless posts ;D Ya found a good vet at least we went through 6 before I got one that worked for us he really appreciates it though when all 8 dogs come in at once to ;D

you see, i was in such a good mood i gave you some ammo  ;D ;D ;D

she still isn`t into the "hunting" with a non-traditional animal  ;D ;D

BBF

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2007, 04:00:45 PM »
 I have had a vet tell me the dogs don't need to worry about fleas in this area and another one said Oh yes they do.. We stuck with the "Oh yes" Vet, she also charges less and both dogs like her real well

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2007, 04:15:54 PM »
I have had a vet tell me the dogs don't need to worry about fleas in this area and another one said Oh yes they do.. We stuck with the "Oh yes" Vet, she also charges less and both dogs like her real well

if your yard and surrounding properties are treated properly and you have a short haired dog. you may not have to use any topicals. for the most part you do want to use flea preventative, especially with hunting dogs!

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2007, 05:02:57 PM »
I wouldn't say pointless at all.  "Country" Doc knows a hell of a lot more about outdoor dogs than any citified puke. 

My vet ain't the cheapest around, he is a hunter with a kennel of hunting dogs - Springers.

He knows about barbed wire and traps, and burrs in the nose from 1st hand experience.

I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2007, 06:12:59 PM »
We were traveling when " lil dog " was a pup , before we left my vet gave me his home and cell number . Said to call anytime , and especially if I was gonna have to take her to a vet out on the road  O0

he takes care of my dog like she was his own  O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2007, 11:02:27 PM »
i will say this. the last vet i used sucked.they were "country" vets. i took techno in and she was barking at their "in house cat", which is horrible,no good, stupid idea to begin with. the receptionist yells at me to take her outside,then asks if i know how hard it is to talk on the phone while a dog is barking. most older people in general see a younger male with an aggressive breed dog and always think the worst. i get looked at like a jerk just for having them. it doesn`t help when they give me attitude i give it right back ;D ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2007, 11:39:27 PM »
 I took a couple of the hounds in for shots to the vet in a bigger town by us cause he was cheap and good from what I heard  Got there and he told me to put them in the kennels out bac cause he was behind schedule Fine what ever came back 2 hours later to get to have a pleasent visit with the humane society Aparently this vet figured with rid showin and scars on the dogs they were abused   6 hours later and a couple hundred bucks later I get my hounds outta the humane society needless to say aint been back and ALMOST paid him a little visit after hours  fortunatly coupla months later he pulled the same stuff to somebody who wasnt as "understanding" as me cost him his practice :twisted:
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2007, 12:00:38 AM »
them poor dogs  :roll:

Facebook Comments