November 19, 2017, 07:13:15 PM

Author Topic: tug-o-war!  (Read 2583 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
tug-o-war!
« on: April 02, 2007, 02:20:54 PM »
the video starts about 3 min after they started. i hooked them up and got them going when it hit me, get the camera!
lexi weighs 61.4lbs, yeah she`s a fatty allright, she should be around a 46-48lb dog.
schranz,i think, is weighing in around 47-49lbs.
schranz always wins, it takes lex getting the rope pulled away a few times before she seems to get serious.

i ended the vid by breaking them both off, so you`z could see how it`s done. with lexi it`s pretty easy, but schranz is a different story. i want him to NEVER let go,so i don`t get mad when it takes me double,sometimes triple the time it takes me to get lex broke off.

with the parting stick your not just getting the stick in the mouth and trying to pry it open. you will pop teeth out faster than you can say "awww s__t". a rocking horse motion is whats used to "loosen" the dogs grip. again i`m not "prying" all i`m really trying to do is get the stick in his mouth, through both sides, and get him to loosen up.then take hold on the stick long enough for me to get him clear.

notice how schranz throws his right paw up on the stick when i`m trying to get him broke off, lol, he sure ain`t stupid

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: tug-o-war!
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2007, 02:38:39 PM »
glad you said that out loud, a lot of people see the "pry stick" and think you use it like ya do a pry bar stick it in and start pulling...   yer a good dad... mine will release, only when i say "enough" someone else says it all you hear is a gutteral growl!! you put a stick into the mix and IF you get him off he then proceeds to eat the stick!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 02:46:56 PM »
Another cool video there Techno. O0

Are you training Schranz not to let go on command for a reason? ???  Hog hunting maybe? ???
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2007, 03:07:28 PM »

Are you training Schranz not to let go on command for a reason? ???  Hog hunting maybe? ???

yeah he is dateing again....

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2007, 03:24:35 PM »

And the Pointy Stick gets used with authority. ;D ;D ;D ;D
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Morax

« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2007, 03:49:05 PM »
And the Pointy Stick gets used with authority. ;D ;D ;D ;D

its springtime!!!!!! time to get back into shape :D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2007, 05:57:25 PM »
Thats some funny stuff right there :twisted: ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

travo

« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2007, 07:27:06 PM »
AWESOME VID, TECH.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2007, 01:48:55 AM »

;D ;D
yeah this time she isn`t getting away!! :twisted: :twisted:

well the tug-o-war is just for exercise really. i didn`t him to not let go. his drive is so high he doesn`t let go because he simply doesn`t want to. he will be tried out hog hunting and that kind of drive is what will be needed catching hogs. in june i`ll be heading down BC`s way for a pitbull show. they will have classes for confirmation,weight pulling,treadmill races and the hang time event. i have schranz entered in the hang time event.
here is the site for the alabama bulldoggers association. it will give you a better idea.
http://www.alabamabulldoggerassociation.com/

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2007, 03:19:22 PM »
"It's all mine.............And your woman too.........."   ;D ;D ;D

With Morax's comment, I think Tech picked the music for that video with a purpose in mind!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments