November 24, 2017, 08:57:38 PM

Author Topic: are the fish biting  (Read 1690 times)

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
are the fish biting
« on: April 03, 2007, 12:30:45 PM »
has anybody been out fishing yet steel head are about done around here but the bluegills are in the channels been getting some nice ones
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Sticka

Re: are the fish biting
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 10:44:49 PM »
Yes they are biting.  The big crappies and sunnies are in the shallows around the Minneapolis area.  Even had a few huge muskies cruising the shallows.

travo

« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 11:00:18 PM »
nuttin yet. bout another 2 weeks, i spose.

Offline occ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 12:22:38 AM »
I caught a half dozen small largemouth the last couple of days and 2 good fish one was between 4 and 5 lb. the other was between 3 and 4 lb. I got the smaller of the two on an ultralite outfit checking to see if the white bass were starting yet. She swallowed that little jig and curly tail and the war was on. It sure felt good !
I resent being called a pervert. I have graduated to Moral Deviate

You do not have to have had any sort of Psychotic episode to work here:it just saves time

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 11:16:54 AM »
I caught a half dozen small largemouth the last couple of days and 2 good fish one was between 4 and 5 lb. the other was between 3 and 4 lb. I got the smaller of the two on an ultralite outfit checking to see if the white bass were starting yet. She swallowed that little jig and curly tail and the war was on. It sure felt good !

now this is a post with feeling!  O0

as soon as i finished reading the end, i started to envision myself on the edge of the water. the sun shining down and warming my skin. the smell of fresh grass and water fills the air. i open a frozen container of livers and cut away a healthy chunk. as the hook pierces the liver chunk i think of the cat thats going to to the same. a quick rinse of the knife and my hands and were ready to pick a spot.i scan the perimiter like a police helicopter looking for those 2 liquer store robbers running in the night. i cast the  catfishing slayer with great vengance and furious anger! in an attempt to angle that illustrious water ^^^^-cat. the line has slacked and i reel slowly,as the line tightens i post up for the wait.i watch what surrounds like an eagle. i think back to winter and the squirrels i hunted next to this very same pond. the gentle breeze gets the water moving just enough to make everything else blend in together. the birds are singing a tune thats all too familer, i heard it on the radio 10 times before i got to the pond, when all hell breaks loose! :twisted: the pole starts drag racing for the water like it`s hoyt`s dart whipping his father in-laws stang. as i start for the pole everything fades away and i`m back staring at the computer......  :-\

man i can`t wait to end this story!!!!!

O0 O0 O0 O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2007, 10:07:38 AM »
The fish here were biting great here until winter arrived again.  >:(
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 03:47:32 PM »
winters back here along with the wind pan fish have moved back out into the deeper water
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

travo

« Reply #7 on: April 07, 2007, 08:20:14 PM »
i couldnt fish if i wanted to. if this keeps up, ill be ice fishin instead of turkey huntin this weekend. :sad:

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2007, 01:38:29 AM »
 ;D

Facebook Comments