November 14, 2018, 09:02:05 PM

Author Topic: question for Ellwoodjake  (Read 1548 times)

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
question for Ellwoodjake
« on: April 07, 2007, 10:59:03 PM »
or any of you beagle guys .  What do you know about a dog that was called Warfield Red or is the line still available ? 
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Re: question for Ellwoodjake
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 05:39:30 PM »
Don't know much about any bloodlines. I'm not into registered dogs nor have never owned one. What the dog does means more to me than any papers ever could. However, if your looking for some "red dogs", I should have some pups about any day now.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:09:38 PM »
I remember now that you don't put much stock in papers .  I'm with ya on that  O0  The reason I was trying to find out about this dog , a friend on another forum was looking for some information .

Will em new pups " tree" a squirrel  ;D   

Thanks !
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 08:30:51 PM »

Will em new pups " tree" a squirrel  ;D   

And cats, coon, birds they also run and bay yotes, deer, hogs and foxes but the best part is they do it STYLE  O0 ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 08:54:05 PM »
Talk about style, you oughta see em' put a groundhog up on a fence post :twisted:
(\__/)
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 10:45:00 PM »
speaking of up a fence. i`m kind of in the mniddle of the fence about the whole papers/bloodline thing.

i think papers mean alot more than some let on and alot less than some make out.
ellwood, what are your %`s of getting good dogs? it`s interesting to hear how different breeds of dogs are done. have you been doing the same dogs for long or is this a new breeding? i don`t really know any more of beagles than they run rabbits  ;D

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 09:15:13 PM »
I pretty well have the same bloodline I started with years ago. I've always tried to breed with a good male that I know something about. Even then, I occasionally have a cull. A lot of bad habits, such as running cats or backtracking, I can put up with as long as the dog has the desire to hunt hard, but other things like not coming when called or staying under my feet can earn him a trip to doggie heaven.
(\__/)
(")_(")

BBF

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2007, 11:38:19 PM »
 Not coming to "papa" when called is good for a date with a broom and getting in the way constantly gets a boot in the butt. The pogostick has found that out when I catch her in the kitchen.  >:(

Facebook Comments