December 18, 2017, 01:20:27 PM

Author Topic: trout stocking  (Read 1439 times)

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
trout stocking
« on: April 09, 2007, 10:10:33 PM »
domost states stock trout in local streams or lakes
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
Re: trout stocking
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2007, 08:47:47 AM »
I know PA and Arkansas do....not sure about other states.... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2007, 08:57:53 AM »
I know PA and Arkansas do....not sure about other states.... O0

yeah like brad said... cant figure how they keep the wood from warping in the water though :twisted:
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline brad6841

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Screw your canoe....it's Drift Boat Season
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2007, 10:45:38 AM »
On my recent trip I got to see the AK fish commission stock a section of river, I forgot to get pics because I was too busy drinking beer and smiling.... :)

It's neat to see, they back the truck down the launch ramp up to a motor powered NRS inflatable pontoon boat with a net system between the pontoons and fill the net system with fish.  The driver of the boat then drives down the river and drops fish throughout the designated section of river those fish are to be dropped into.... O0

They stocked 3000 fish in a 4 mile stretch of river... :shock:  Needless to say we had a very good day.... O0
"Row, row, row your boat gently down the stream.....merrily....merrily....merrily....merrily....life is but a dream"

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2007, 10:58:27 AM »
i was about 12 or 13 at the time, and helped the fish comm. stock trout up in forest county, up there some of the streams are barely accessable by foot.. so what they did there was set up a bucket bragade with the ummmm 5-10 gallon buckets (the ones that are like 2 foot tall) they would stuff them with fish rangin from 6 to 15 inchers add a few drops of water and off you went to dump into the creek! hard work but a blast to have a hand in it!!
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2007, 02:12:29 AM »
I know the states around Iowa still stock, including Iowa.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 08:54:03 AM »
Here in NC, they only stock where they can get the truck. This leaves the holes above and below the bridges teeming with fish that are quickly caught out by swarms of fishermen, while the rest of the stream is pretty much barren, save for a few small wild fish. Each year more and more people are "posting" their waters, so the wildlife boys don't stock that stretch, even though they still leave it designated "hatchery supported". There are entire streams in this county that still have the designation even though there hasn't been a fish put there in years. Some people have even gone as far as to let their stream be stocked full on the commission's dime and then post it a few days before season opener to save it for themselves and maybe a few friends. We even have a few lakes here that carry the designation even though they quit stocking it years ago. I'm not sure why they do this. Maybe they don't want to lose the revenue from bass fishermen who have to buy a trout stamp before launching their boats. Or maybe it's the revenue from the fines for those who aren't aware it's a trout lake since obviously there's no trout in it. One year at the anual wildlife meeting I even suggested that all "hatchery supported" waters should be stocked because, after all, that's what it means >:(. Either that or remove the designation so people could fish for other species in March and not have to buy a trout stamp. This wasn't well recieved and nothing was done about it.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Facebook Comments