November 22, 2017, 12:19:56 AM

Author Topic: anybody been woodchuck snippen yet  (Read 3232 times)

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
anybody been woodchuck snippen yet
« on: April 10, 2007, 01:43:16 PM »
I seem to have a woodchuck that has moved in along my storage shed today must have warmed up enough for him to pop up and run around I hope it stays warm for the weekend so i can snipe him off
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

Offline Morax

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
Re: anybody been woodchuck snippen yet
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2007, 03:28:18 PM »
naw past couple times we were to go out its has gotten nasty weather on us... hopefully it will open up for us this coming weekend and i can get some killing done, maybe get the boy child onto a few as well
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2007, 03:56:31 PM »
naw past couple times we were to go out its has gotten nasty weather on us... hopefully it will open up for us this coming weekend and i can get some killing done, maybe get the boy child onto a few as well

if your jr is anything like the others, and i`m sure he is, the future for GPS will be looking brighter than ever  O0 O0

Offline Morax

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2007, 06:20:33 PM »
if your jr is anything like the others, and i`m sure he is, the future for GPS will be looking brighter than ever  O0 O0

got him through the hunter safty test last season went squirrling a few times, in new places and didnt see a dang thing, but every chance he got he was up and ready to go!! he wants to kill something, i dont think he cares what, as long as he can kill and eat it....

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2007, 08:27:09 PM »
i`m not sure about the not see`ing any squirrels. i`d take a youngster out during,what i call, magic time. 30 min before sunrise and get set up. i havn`t gone out in the morning and not seen anything yet. i usually try and get out a time or two also and see where the activity is.

Offline Morax

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2007, 09:01:40 PM »
i took him to a new area for the both of us, where i was "told" there was squirrels, instead of taking him to where i KNEW there was.... and we was out from daybreak till dusk and nothing moving.. it was a crappy season here though all around..

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2007, 09:03:53 PM »
wow. i did try one spot i was also tole squirrels were plentifull. needless to say the spot was scouted once and never thought of again  ;D

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2007, 02:11:55 AM »
I seem to have a woodchuck that has moved in along my storage shed today must have warmed up enough for him to pop up and run around I hope it stays warm for the weekend so i can snipe him off
good luck! The weather is still too lousy here.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline bighoytman

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »
well i think the woodchuck snippin has been put on hold it went from close to 50 yesterday to snowing hard it won't last long but we are getting alot of snow about 1/2 inch in the last hour. on the ground and really coming down a few weeks ago it was 70 something guess thats why they call it michigan. can't wait till get out and start shooting them found some holes in the fields  from them on a turkey scouting I did yesterday Nothing better than snipping them off before crops come up.
you can run but you will only leave a blood trail

travo

« Reply #9 on: April 11, 2007, 07:05:50 PM »
never tried to snip a woodchuck :wink:

Facebook Comments