December 18, 2017, 01:20:08 PM

Author Topic: Southeastern Iowa Hog Guiding Service  (Read 8098 times)

Offline Juandogg

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • When in Doubt DTFB
Southeastern Iowa Hog Guiding Service
« on: April 22, 2007, 03:59:43 PM »
Saturday Morning I had a hunt with this outfit and let me tell ya what the guide was good considerin I thought he was goin to kick the bucket on me climdin up the mountains we were huntin. The lodge was excellnt  best couch I have ever slept on ;D we did find lots and lots of sign not to mention the trophy class skull and backbone that the guides eagle eye picked out.So all in all it was a good time and cant wait till I get the Trash Pack out there O0 O0

By the way JA doesnt call the wife squaw to her face only mutters it under his breath as she walks away :twisted: ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
Re: Southeastern Iowa Hog Guiding Service
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 06:32:07 PM »
 ;D ;D ;D ;D

Great report  O0 O0 O0

I`m suprised you didn`t take anything with you

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 07:10:43 PM »
I would took some backup but waitin for my order from valleycreek to get here gotta  vest up the knotheads till they learn some respect
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 07:23:28 PM »
Thats a dogman! What did you end up ordering?

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 07:51:31 PM »
Thats a dogman! What did you end up ordering?
Correction it was UglyDogRanch got some cut collars comin and tryin to find a cheaper source for runnin vests

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 09:19:09 PM »
 ;D  ;D  ;D It was great having you here, plott! You was sure tired when ya finally rested your eyes. I had to wear you out before we went hunting, or I would have not been able to keep up with ya!  :wink:

I tell you folks what, plott is just like I pictured him. Right off the git-go, plott suggested I make a funny remark about about squaws to my wife so he could take a picture of her reaction on his camera phone.  ;D  ;D  ;D

I tell you what, plott is a really great guy, all kidding aside. Honest, good sense of humor, good handshake, good hunter, smart, and one of the nicest guys I ever met. Plott isn't a runt, either. He's bigger than life. Plott reminds me of a big game guide. Plott, you are much taller than your picture.  :wink:

Plott is a proven tick magnet. He had ticks all over him. I had one that died a flaming death, the one that was crawling across my hand while we were hunting.
Plott didn't have much sleep before we went hunting, but still charged ahead. I was hoping he could get some good sleep before he had to head home, but he had to roll. It's a long drive to plott's place, about 300 miles.

Plott brought a couple of great hog hunting videos we watched during his visit. I think plott was trying to give me a heads up as to what the wild hogs look like.  :wink: You have the right idea, plott, bring some dogs next time.

The place we hunt is a square mile and you have to walk every inch of it unless you are horseback. Plott has offered some good suggestions for that, seeing as how he has some riding horses at home.

We are glad you got back home OK, and hope you got some solid sleep when you got there, rascal. Thanks for the great visit and good time. Y'all come back!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 11:24:06 PM »
Wuz em "ticks" on Plott when he got there or after the hunt  ;D

I guess after reading J A's description of Plott, I might ought to quit poking him  :shock:

glad ya'll fellers had a great time  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2007, 09:07:04 AM »
Wuz em "ticks" on Plott when he got there or after the hunt  ;D

I guess after reading J A's description of Plott, I might ought to quit poking him  :shock:

glad ya'll fellers had a great time  O0 O0 O0 O0 O0
Thanks, we did have a good time, and plott IS a big cuss! I figured he'd be good help dragging a hog, also. I think he did collect all the ticks hunting. PBH said he slipped his flea/tick collar before he left home.  :wink:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2007, 06:10:02 PM »
Yeah the grand total was 10 ticks I got off me in the timber and 3 at JA's place >:( well I least I got to harvest some wildlife ;D ;D ;D

And rifle I aint that big but I guess since JA is 4 foot nothin then I am pretty big :twisted: ;D ;D

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 07:12:14 PM »
And rifle I aint that big but I guess since JA is 4 foot nothin then I am pretty big :twisted: ;D ;D

I say we give Sticker a call and arrange for a meeting between him and Plott.  Plott can be the site's "muscle" if anyone mouths off. O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Facebook Comments