December 14, 2017, 07:49:09 PM

Author Topic: Southeastern Iowa Hog Guiding Service  (Read 8045 times)

Offline MOSPARKY

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Southeastern Iowa Hog Guiding Service
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2007, 11:45:44 PM »
Dude I feel your pain. Been scope-bit a time or too myself.
 I taught the breadwinner to shoot what she now referrs to as her 22. The scope was adjusted for my prematirly old eyes(with classes), so I was watching her shoot and adjusting the scope, searching for the sweet spot that would deliever the one hole group to the dead center of the bull.
 I cranked and tweeked , shook my head, scratched my...., scratched my head and shook my ... ad for the life of me that dang group would not move.
 Well now that the scope was hopelessly lost from home zero, she says" Oh was I supposed to look thru there ? I was looking under the scope at the other sights !!"
 I'd have been more upset, but she laid out better than ffty rds into a hole the size of a nickle at 50 yds. needless to say I don't challenge her to open sight competition.
John Andrews is my hero !

Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

because huntin' ain't catch and release

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #41 on: August 12, 2007, 09:30:19 AM »
How you rascals going to live that down, those females outshooting ya like you was a couple of greenhorns?  ;D And ploot, you got a scope eye?  :shock: And then she outshot ya, too? Well, I gotta give ya points for 'fessing up, but you still gotta make up for it and redeem yourselves.
I'm sure glad my squaw doesn't want to go shooting.  :roll:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #42 on: August 12, 2007, 07:01:33 PM »
Well, I gotta give ya points for 'fessing up, but you still gotta make up for it and redeem yourselves.

After someone pushed him into fessing up  ;D ;D ;D

This fall,Plott is handeling the dogs and PBH will be doing the shooting and I will tape it all  O0 ;D ;D

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #43 on: August 13, 2007, 01:44:38 AM »
After someone pushed him into fessing up  ;D ;D ;D

This fall,Plott is handeling the dogs and PBH will be doing the shooting and I will tape it all  O0 ;D ;D
yep sometimes better to get yer side of the story out before somebody else does   ;D  heck I would rather handle the dogs anyway besides who ever does the shootin does the carryin and with hounds like mine thats alot of carryin  :roll:  ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #44 on: August 13, 2007, 09:24:52 AM »
yep sometimes better to get yer side of the story out before somebody else does   ;D  heck I would rather handle the dogs anyway besides who ever does the shootin does the carryin and with hounds like mine thats alot of carryin  :roll:  ;D
Anything that gets dragged back to the truck gets field dressed first.  :wink:  ;D
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments