November 21, 2017, 07:11:11 AM

Author Topic: What a ball hog!  (Read 1890 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
What a ball hog!
« on: June 29, 2004, 07:10:37 PM »
Ok, as usual... I make no claims as to the validity of this thing..... just received it in an email......

"A neighbor saw a ball bouncing around kind strange like and when he went to investigate, it was a flathead catfish with a child's basketball stuck in its mouth and the pictures tell the rest of the story. His wife did have
 to cut the ball in order to deflate the ball and release the catfish.  Moral
 of story: Do not be a ball hog !

:roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:  :roll:
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Jen

• Gut Pile Club Member
    • Matahota Ranch, LLC
What a ball hog!
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 09:43:14 PM »
Wow!  That's somethin!!  that is one HUGE catfish!!! :D

Jen :wink:

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
What a ball hog!
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2004, 11:36:01 PM »
OK, I'll say it..............BS!! :?

Sorry, but something just doesn't seem quite right about that.....

No doubt, that catfish made some pretty good fillets!
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
What a ball hog!
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 05:55:34 PM »
okay, next time I go fishing, I am going to bring a couple of basket balls and tape my hooks to them and just let them float....

So does that mean if I am going to fish for bluegill then I should use marbles???? :P  :lol:
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
What a ball hog!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2004, 07:20:49 PM »
That must be what I'm feeling when I'm out trolling. Dang catfish are attacking my downrigging balls.
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
What a ball hog!
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2004, 10:04:27 AM »
Catfishsr might consider that one almost a keeper!
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Cracker11

• Gut Pile Club Member
What a ball hog!
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 10:41:40 AM »
:shock: I seen this pic on the AF Website,them Cat`s will eat anything !

I seen one last year that was floating on the top of the water like that,but it had tried to eat another fish that was bigger than him,and got it stuck in it`s mouth,both were still alive! we brought them in the boat with a net,and with a little help from my plier`s,got them apart,and sent both of them on thier way....too funny! :lol:
Not Just Another Cracker !

Facebook Comments