October 19, 2017, 03:24:56 AM

Author Topic: Hunter's Edge  (Read 2061 times)

Offline Gutpiles

• Administrator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
    • Gut Pile Style
Hunter's Edge
« on: June 29, 2004, 08:31:22 PM »
Anyone have any experience with these things?  Looks pretty interesting and uses alot of the same principles that everyone swears by.  However, I'm always leary of things like this.  It's kind of the infrared game finders - you never know what you're getting until the credit card has cleared?  Anyone?

Designed by wildlife biologists, the Deer Hunter's EDGE features the current deer or elk hunting forecast, 4-hour future forecast, 45-year hunting forecast based on future sun and moon phase and position, sunrise and sunset times and moon phase and position, accurate 1224 hour weather forecast, 16-hour barometric pressure history bar graph, altitude up to 9000 meters, electronic compass and a severe weather audio alarm. Backlit display uses 2 Cr2032 lithium batteries (included). 4-1/2"Wx2-1/2"Dx7-1/2"L. Weight: 4 oz.
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
Hunter's Edge
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2004, 11:49:56 PM »
Haven't seen the critter before, but something just quite doesn't "click" about it..............  I mean, even the local weather people can't get a 7 day forecast right for goodness sakes! :?:

There's an "old" saying in Kentucky, "You don't like the weather, wait a couple of hours.....it will change."  And it's pretty much the truth!  It started out overcast this morning.  By 11:00 AM, it was so bright outside you had to have sunglasses.  By 3:00 PM, it was cloudy and breezy outside.  Then again at 5:30 PM, it was nice and sunny, with little breeze.

Tell me how a little piece of Japanese technology is going to give you a 45 year hunting forecast for Kentucky!!! :?:  :?:

Like I said, something just doesn't seem quite right about it.
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

Offline firekidd

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
Hunter's Edge
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2004, 06:05:06 PM »
well the idea sounds nice... it has to otherwise it wouldn't sell....

I would agree with bc, it sounds to good to be true.....  write the company and tell them that you would be willing to feild test one and give your review online...... :lol:    
but to answer your question, no I have never heard of or used one...
a country boy can survive!

Got pics???

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Muzzleloader Hunting - Bear Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game - Deer Pictures - Fish Pictures - 17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.comhttp://www.hunting411.net

Offline ellwoodjake

• Global Moderator
  • CHASING (cotton)TAIL
    • http://www.tw200forum.com
Hunter's Edge
« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2004, 06:59:03 PM »
:D Look on the backside and see who it is made by.  My bet is P.T. Barnum :D
(\__/)
(='.'=) Salad isn't food-it's what food eats!!
(")_(")
Deer Hunting Today - Powered By Gut Pile Style:  The source for Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  fishing and more at www.gutpilestyle.comwww.DeerHuntingToday.com www.WildChildHuntingWear.com

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
Hunter's Edge
« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2004, 10:25:16 AM »
Quote from: ellwoodjake
:D Look on the backside and see who it is made by.  My bet is P.T. Barnum :D
Probably right on the money,EJ! For a few more bucks they will sell you a couple of acres of moon property and shares of a bridge. :lol:
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline john

Hunter's Edge
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2004, 09:16:21 AM »
lol elwood,,thats exactly where my mind went too

Facebook Comments