November 22, 2017, 07:49:22 AM

Author Topic: 2 bullheads  (Read 3080 times)

travo

2 bullheads
« on: April 24, 2007, 10:44:44 PM »
yep, caught me a couple of bullheads today. let the spring fishin begin!!

Offline APRock

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: 2 bullheads
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 07:36:54 AM »
The Minnesota State fish!!

Actually I have a lot of fond memories catching bullheads with my Grandpa wen I was a wee lad...
I refuse to get into a battle of wits with an unarmed person.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:21:26 AM »
Bullheads!  O0 I'v eaten a gazillion of them, great eating!  O0
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 12:39:23 PM »
What bait did you catch them with Travo?

travo

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 10:00:20 PM »
chub minnows, under a bobber, weighted 2 foot up the line, with a red gamakatzu hook. i was tryin for crappies.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 11:11:31 PM »
I did pretty well using a set up similer to yours.I didn`t buy the fancy hooks though.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2007, 08:40:07 AM »
Worms work great for bullheads. I've used cut up birds, too.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Meat Hunter #737

« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2007, 07:19:39 AM »
My cousin and I went out last night...caught about a dozen bullheads...got home about 2 this morning, so i'll have to venture out in an hour and clean 'em up....
your mission if you choose to accept it, is to go through the boiler maker to get to the Gut Pile Style

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2007, 05:16:39 PM »
My cousin and I went out last night...caught about a dozen bullheads...got home about 2 this morning, so i'll have to venture out in an hour and clean 'em up....

Nice.Any pics? O0 O0

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 10:16:48 AM »
On the Mississippi River near home here we used to have a spot we caught huge bullheads one right after another. The cove where we caught them had tall leafy water plants growing. Since then the plants disappeared and so did the big bullheads.  :'( 
Some years ago my wife and I were fishing there with a pal in his 18' jonboat. Our pal was using a catfish rubber dip worm dipped in gawd-awful smelling slimy stink bait, fishing for channel cats. My wife and I were using worms and fishing for bullheads.
My pal Ron was at the stern fishing on the back seat, I was fishing from the middle seat, and my wife was fishing off the bow platform when I heard Ron exclaim his coffee tasted like sh*t.
I looked over at him and cracked up. He had stink bait running down his chin and the nasty stuff was all over his lips and the thermos cup.
I busted out laughing while Ron was just giving me a stupid look and asked me what the *$#%&**$ was so funny. I was laughing so hard I couldn't get any words out. He repeated his question and that made me laugh even harder. Finally I got in enough words to the effect my wife to look. She busted out laughing and Ron continued his dumb look and remarks.
Finally, I choked out the words, "Your cup! Your cup"! Ron looked at cup, saw the nasty stuff smeared all over his cup, and quick as he could, hung his head over the side of the boat. It was disgusting to listen to him empty his guts.
The next thing I heard him say, "You did that! You did that"! Evidentally what he had done was accidentally swat his charged rubber worm against his cup as he was fishing. He is pretty sloppy with the stuff and usually has the stuff smeared all over his end of the boat. For the rest of the day he kept whining about the terrible taste in his mouth and the smell. River water without soap makes it impossible to wash off the stuff.  ;D

Facebook Comments