December 16, 2017, 04:21:30 AM

Author Topic: BEAVER!!!  (Read 4667 times)

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
Re: BEAVER!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2007, 06:38:27 PM »
haha not on your own property bare trax. also, we have had a big problem with beavers and nutria rats damming up[ all the water ways. they want you to take out any beaver you see, and its my pleasure to do it  O0
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2007, 10:25:50 PM »
This is a real sign for a real street in the detroit metro. BIG BEAVER RD and the exit is really 69....nothing like
http://www.getoffonbigbeaver.com/images/roadsign_opt.gif
« Last Edit: May 01, 2007, 11:08:06 PM by Techno »

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #12 on: May 01, 2007, 10:41:56 PM »
This is a real sign for a real street in the detroit metro. BIG BEAVER RD and the exit is really 69....nothing like getting off at big beaver road and going to hell  ;D ;D ;D ;D

;D  ;D  ;D hell, michigan...what a place to live!!!
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline rice river

• Do I have a license to kill yet??
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2007, 06:40:20 PM »
Let's see...........Beaver.................Tail.................. :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X ;D

Ok OK Beaver ... Tail ... Tastes good.. and there was alcohol involved! 
Sounds like a good night!
Children learn to lie from adults pretending not to.

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2007, 01:34:52 PM »
Ok OK Beaver ... Tail ... Tastes good.. and there was alcohol involved! 
Sounds like a good night!

;D ;D :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X :-X
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

BBF

« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2007, 10:55:02 AM »
 At least 25 years ago  a Trapper friend of mine gave us several Beaver tails to cook.. My children still rembember that and will never forgive me for it.  BLEEEECH !!!! It is eating mostly fat and no taste.
 The beaver is considered a Fur bearing beast here and you can't just shoot it legal. We had 16 of them taken out by a Trapper here last season and still have plenty.
As for the word "beaver" being a Canadian, it has more then one  meaning,  but I am not talking    ;D

Offline CZSQ

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2008, 09:30:12 PM »
I was reading thru this and my mind was thinking along the lines with the best of you all... and then , Rice made me blush!
We must remember that one determined person can make a significant difference, and that a small group of determined people can change the coarse of history.

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #17 on: March 03, 2008, 10:01:48 AM »
I was reading thru this and my mind was thinking along the lines with the best of you all... and then , Rice made me blush!
She has a way of doing that.  :wink:  ;D I wonder when she's going to be settled and back here? I miss picking on her and the other gals that suffer our comments.

Back to beaver, BBQed beaver is great eating.
My folks put a beaver in the over one time. The smell was unreal!  :buck2 Dad tossed it to the dogs before it was even done in the oven.  :-X
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

BBF

« Reply #18 on: March 03, 2008, 10:09:41 AM »
I would have thought that having a number of beavers buiilt dams and creating small lakes would be a good thing for some of those dried up lands you got in the SW ???

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2008, 11:58:46 AM »
Beaver do cause some serious problems for local farmers. Years ago we had some relation that had a creek running through their farm. Beaver dammed up the creek and also cut and dragged a lot of their producing cornstalks to their dam. Then, the beaver would continue raising the water level and flooding the field.

Desperate, the farmer many times tore holes into the dam, but the beaver repaired it in one night of work. So, ol' Clarence got mad enough and used 3 sticks of dynamite on the bever dam.

The beaver took it in stride and quickly repaired the damage, underestimating Clarence's abilities. Clarence returned to the dam and used a whole case of dynamite for the next demolition attempt.  :twisted: That big explosion rained beaver and dam. He must have wiped out the whole lot of the bucktoothed critters. Ol' Clarence never had another beaver build a dam on his stretch of the creek.  ;D

Years ago when I was a kid we had several big gardens. In one garden my dad rototilled up a TNT loaded artillery shell, about a 5" projectile. we didn't realize what it was for several more years. We figured, probably correctly, it was blown several miles as a result of one of the explosions from my present workplace.
Anyhow, Dad figured it was just an empty steel projectile. We used it for a shop doorstop at home. Many times the projectile was knocked over on the concrete floor.
A few years later I got to inspecting the thing and discovered it was indeed a loaded shell. The fuse on the bottom of the base was severely corroded and probably very dangerous. Dad was shocked when he discovered what I showed him.

So, we all loaded up into the family junker with the shell and went to Clarence's farm for a day of fun and work.
Down the hill and out on the bottomground field was a doze pile. we put the shell on the doze pile and set the pile afire. All day the big pile burned and all day old C. cussed and repeated the $#&%*#$ shell wasn't going to do anything. C. was a professional cusser.

Anyhow, ol' C. had just rattled off the same words when suddenly there was a huge explosion in the fire. what was left of the big fire logpile was blown all over the field.  :shock:  ;D

Back to beavers, folks that have eaten beaver tails tell me it's like eating nasty tasting rubber.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Facebook Comments