December 17, 2017, 08:30:14 PM

Author Topic: Fletching  (Read 3356 times)

Offline Big58cal

• Global Moderator
  • Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
Re: Fletching
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2007, 09:34:21 AM »
I don't discount all of the knowledge you have Travo, but bragging about how good you are don't carry much weight with this crowd.  Besides, from what you guys are talking about doing, you're trying to turn a Chevy Chevette into a Cadillac.  It would be a different story if the bow was a high end competition one, with all of the bells and whistles.  As it is, it's an old recurve.  No sense in tricking out something like that if it's not going to do any good.  Try the simple stuff first to see if it works.  If so, no need to go any further.

Point being, you guys are trying to make it more complicated than it is.  Just remember the K.I.S.S. principle = Keep It Simple, Stupid.  O0
The only purpose of bread is to hold meat!

John Andrews Is My Hero!

In all seriousness, the Marlin is a great rifle, too. I own a Model 60, one of the best rifles ever made.
Brownings are nice, but in terms of quality AND accuarcy AND ruggedness, it's hard to beat the Marlin.
California sucks that's it.

travo

« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2007, 08:28:36 PM »
no sense doin it wrong, getting subpar performance, or cracking the riser of a good bow by tryin to drill into something that is not intended to be drilled, when all it would take to fix the problem is putting on 4 bucks worth of feather fletching. i didnt mean to brag about my shootin, and in fact go to bighoytman for advice alot. my point was that i do ALOT of shooting, and was hoping that would hold some weight. evidently it did with tech, who not only complimented my advice, but reasearched the problem and agreed with exactly what i had to say. i didnt mean to overide your advice,BC, but i had the same problems when i first started, and was set straight by my good freind Kim Meester, 3 time indoor archery champ for the state of south dakota. if any kudos should go to anyone, it should be to him.

Offline Mad River

• "This Space For Rent"
« Reply #12 on: May 03, 2007, 08:41:20 AM »
Hey Techno...

I enjoyed speaking with you the other night. ;D  Next time, remind me to take it easy on the beers. ;D  Getting up for work the next day was a bit rough.  :-X  Let me know how the changes to the recurve work out.  Fletchings?  He don't need no stinking fletchings. ;D ;D ;D  Again, I wouldn't worry about using the release aid, but if you have your heart set on it, go for it. O0
I have long know that it is part of God's plan for me to spend a little time with each of the most stupid people on earth.

I see you're playing stupid again...  looks like you're winning too.

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #13 on: May 03, 2007, 03:52:53 PM »
Hey Techno...

I enjoyed speaking with you the other night. ;D  Next time, remind me to take it easy on the beers. ;D  Getting up for work the next day was a bit rough.  :-X  Let me know how the changes to the recurve work out.  Fletchings?  He don't need no stinking fletchings. ;D ;D ;D  Again, I wouldn't worry about using the release aid, but if you have your heart set on it, go for it. O0

;D you said you only had 5...Were they 40oz`ers ;D ;D ;D

Facebook Comments