Author Topic: Snakes  (Read 5269 times)

Offline ladyrepublica

• Gut Pile B&C Freak
  • Southern Maryland Anti-Poaching Patrol Officer
    • Very anti peta
Re: Snakes
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2007, 01:57:25 PM »
El oh el.  You guys are sew funneh!  :roll:
I am a question to the world, not an answer to be heard, or a moment that's held in your arms.

2007 Golden Intestine Award Winner:
Biggest Brawl

Bring it on!

Offline rifle-man

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2007, 05:30:48 PM »
If he ain't venomous........... he gets to live another day as far as I'm concerned  O0 O0
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Ks_Sniper

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2007, 05:45:07 PM »
The shape of the head on the top snake would make me wary, but I'd grab the bottom one without hesitation. O0
When I was a child, I lived as a child. When I became a man, I put away my childish things and became a Gutpiler!

Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting - Anti Peta - Squirrel Hunting - Bow Hunting - Bear Hunting - Coon Hunting - Fishing - Firearms - Outdoor News - Cleaning Game -  17 hmr info and more at www.gutpilestyle.com ! http://www.camouflagenation.com http://www.thehuntingfiles.com  http://wildchildhuntingwear.com  http://www.isquirrelhunt.com http://www.iwhitetailhunt.com http://www.icoonhunt.com

Offline C.N.

• Gut Pile Guide
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2007, 07:16:46 PM »
I've had a few as pets myself. I've had corn snakes, and ball pythons mostly. As long as you respect their space your ok most of the time.It's that one time you accidently step on one thats posioness that you got problems. as far as the pics the one on top looks ok ,you cant always go by head shape.The eyes are what i've always been told to look at. Eyes that look cats eyes, like slits mean posioness. this is a viper , notice the eyes.this is a King Cobra
Round means ok . this is a corn snake
atleast i thought that was right,
till I noticed that the King Cobra has round eyes. So i guess the  rule is slitted means posioness, round means maybe , maybe not.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2007, 10:54:36 PM by C.N. »
"Stop telling God how big your storm is.
Instead, tell the storm how big your God is!"

travo

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2007, 07:18:43 PM »
luckily, all we have is gardner snakes here. if i saw anything else, id kill em out of the potential danger factor, just cuz i woulndt know what they were. no, id kill em all. i bet they eat baby ducks and pheasents. yup, kill em all.

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2007, 07:29:21 PM »
luckily, all we have is gardner snakes here. if i saw anything else, id kill em out of the potential danger factor, just cuz i woulndt know what they were. no, id kill em all. i bet they eat baby ducks and pheasents. yup, kill em all.

larger garder snakes will take baby birds, pine snakes, will take the eggs and baby birds, blacks will do this also..

C.N. the eyes dont tell you nothing except when they are going to shed thier skins.. this is a particularly dangerous time due to the snake being totally blind, and will usually strike out at almost any heat source..  when you are looking at the head shape, what you are looking for is the shape of the jaw line, in relation to the front width, this applies mainly to the pit viper class, they need the room for opening and extending the fangs. this of course has only one exception to the rule in the united states, the coral snake, who is not really a fanged snake, but more of a normal snake with a poison kicker.. ball python (or royals) are great pets, they dont get too awful big but the get fat, top out around 6 foot but break the 100+ pound mark. cornsnakes dont get too heavy bodied, but do get long... when i was into it i raised burmese pythons, albino burmese, green burmese, rock pythons (talk about additudes!!), an indian python, had a couple red tail boas for a bit as well..
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2007, 08:27:45 PM »
The shape of the head on the top snake would make me wary, but I'd grab the bottom one without hesitation. O0

The top one is O. K. also, most any snake will flatten its head when threatened , it's a mimic to fool predators.  The top one is a type of King snake ( juvenile) Second is a Garter snake, look at this pic of the Grater and you will see what I mean about flattening the head  O0  I think anyone who spends much time in the outdoors should learn to identify the venomous snakes that they may encounter , if you get bit and KNOW for sure it was a Copperhead, Cottonmouth , or the type of Rattlesnake , it will help in getting the treatment started faster !  The first ? the doctor will ask is " Do you know what kind of snake bit you "

Offline Morax

« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2007, 08:34:29 PM »
yeah then the second question they ask is "uhhh whats that?" when i got bit, they stood around trying to figure out what treatment to do, i screamed at them, first give me a tylonol, then i popped my thumb back into place, and asked if they wanted to give me x-rays to make sure the hand wasnt busted, they decined that but tried pumping me with anitbiotics... told them i refused to pay due to no xray.

Offline rifle-man

« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2007, 08:44:38 PM »
What nailed ya Morax ?

oh and just because they are doctors.................. don't necessarily mean they're real bright  :wink:

kinda like the Boss........ he ain't always right but he's always the BOSS  ;D

Offline Morax

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2007, 06:31:30 AM »
What nailed ya Morax ?

oh and just because they are doctors.................. don't necessarily mean they're real bright  :wink:

kinda like the Boss........ he ain't always right but he's always the BOSS  ;D

a 17 foot albino burmese.  was all my fault too, was feeding in her tank, she just come oout of hibernation, i went to toss food in and she shot straight up and got a mouthfull of hand, so she went into kill mode, tried wrapping but i grabbed her neck, and she just handcuffed me, hollered for lori, got the rest of her out of the tank so she had no major leverage, and had lo call a friend of mine, every  time they would try to move her she would bear down till a POP was heard around the room. i will try to find the pictures and scan them in..

Facebook Comments