December 18, 2017, 12:12:57 AM

Author Topic: Snakes  (Read 5354 times)

Offline Techno

• Hardcore Carnivore with Gut Pile Style!
  • Thats right!
Re: Snakes
« Reply #20 on: May 01, 2007, 02:02:18 PM »
a 17 foot albino burmese.  was all my fault too, was feeding in her tank, she just come oout of hibernation, i went to toss food in and she shot straight up and got a mouthfull of hand, so she went into kill mode, tried wrapping but i grabbed her neck, and she just handcuffed me, hollered for lori, got the rest of her out of the tank so she had no major leverage, and had lo call a friend of mine, every  time they would try to move her she would bear down till a POP was heard around the room. i will try to find the pictures and scan them in..

Man that sounds like some hari pulling and alot of yelling  ;D ;D

Offline Morax

• hell even Monkeys can use a sharp stick
« Reply #21 on: May 01, 2007, 03:53:27 PM »
not really, imagine sticking your hand into a bench vice, and tighten it down till it hurts a little bit.. wait for a few seconds and the pain sorta subsides, then tighten it down a little more.. then every now and again crank it down about a 1/4 turn  little pain then out of blue ok now this hurts.... no real MY GAWD this hurts at all, just a come on man let go already, grit your teeth, and play dead, ok she is letting go for a reposition, ok ready guys, she let go my buddy grabbed her tail and we tossed her into her tank, his step son slammed the door, i went to run water over my thumb, and i was off to the er...
when in doubt shoot twice

Offline rifle-man

• Cur......cur this!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2007, 05:24:50 PM »
a 17 foot albino burmese.  was all my fault too, was feeding in her tank, she just come oout of hibernation, i went to toss food in and she shot straight up and got a mouthfull of hand, so she went into kill mode, tried wrapping but i grabbed her neck, and she just handcuffed me, hollered for lori, got the rest of her out of the tank so she had no major leverage, and had lo call a friend of mine, every  time they would try to move her she would bear down till a POP was heard around the room. i will try to find the pictures and scan them in..

At least you were luckier than the guy in Denver a few years back............ his pet won !!!
I haven't been around many constrictors , does the hot water work for getting them to release ?
If ya can't run with the BIG dawgs........ just stay on the porch !  O0

Offline Juandogg

• When in Doubt DTFB
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2007, 06:22:31 PM »
I haven't been around many constrictors , does the hot water work for getting them to release ?

dunno but I bet BC's parin knife would :twisted: ;D
It takes patience to break a good hound. Ya gotta be persistent and it helps to be a lil smarter then the dog.

Offline Morax

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2007, 07:41:09 PM »
At least you were luckier than the guy in Denver a few years back............ his pet won !!!

hot water works for smaller ones yeah to an extent, but this also gets you into the hot water too.. what works in a pinch is the capsules of smelling salts (amonia) this is a trick used for years if they wont let go crack one and put it in front of them, but now the thing is, they can hold thier breath for upwards of 20-30 minutes....  yeah the knife trick works too but look at it this way, you ave 2-3000 wrapped up in the snake, if she is preggo her price goes up exponetially do you really wanna kill her, also you decide to do it, now you have something thats fliging blood and whipping around like a firehose, and weighs over 130 or so pounds....

Offline Techno

• Thats right!
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2007, 11:04:45 PM »
Morax I kind of meant I would be pulling my hair out and yelling at people "GET THIS MF OFF ME!!!" due to being frustrated ;D ;D ;D

Offline opp08

• Gut Pile Club Member
« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2007, 11:24:37 PM »
i cant stand any snake at all! i can tell what kinds of snakes they are and if they are poisonous or not cuz i work on a surveying field crew in teh summers and winters when im not in school. but i hate all of them. i wont kill them if they are non poisonous but they still freak me out. i was at my farm redoing on our rent trailer's bathroom floor and i went to the workshop to get a hammer and nails and was one foot from stepping on a 5 ft blacksnake. i just got a 2x4 and set it under a tree. most of the poisonous snakes we have down here are water mocassins and copperheads. where there isnt water mocassins there are copperheads and visa versa. not too many coral snakes
GIG EM AGGIES! WHOOP!

Offline John Andrews

• Global Moderator
  • "If it bleeds....We can kill it!" ANDREWS
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2007, 10:45:35 AM »
I used to know a fella here in town that had some big rattlers he kept in his apartment. He milked them for the venom regularly and depended on the income for some of his drinking money.
One night he and one of his pals got pretty hooched up and the snake owner took his pal home to show off his snakes.
As the drunk snake owner was showing his biggest prize to his pal, the snake bit the owner. The snake hadn't been milked for quite a while and gave the fella a full charge of venom. The visitor of course got excited and insisted they rush to the ER.  :shock:
The victim just laughed and told his pal that he had been bitten so many times by his snakes that he was immune to the venom.
An hour later he was dead. Moral of the story, don't get drunk and play with rattlesnakes.
Hunting Discussion Forum and Chat on Whitetail Deer Hunting- Bow Hunting- Muzzleloader Hunting- Fishing- Firearms- Outdoor News- Cleaning Game- Deer Pictures- Fish Pictures and more at www.gutpilestyle.com !

Offline Eric Hazelip

• Gut Pile Guide
  • The force is strong with this one
« Reply #28 on: May 02, 2007, 10:57:10 AM »
I thought all snakes were rattelheaddedcoppermouthedcobras ..
All who resist will die

Offline Morax

« Reply #29 on: May 02, 2007, 01:06:59 PM »
Morax I kind of meant I would be pulling my hair out and yelling at people "GET THIS MF OFF ME!!!" due to being frustrated ;D ;D ;D

ahhh at first i did do that, and everytime my buddy would grab her to try to get her off, you would hear a whoosh of air as she exhailed and crushed down... and the one time she did it i heard a pop and felt the thumb go. so i resigned myself to sitting on the floor handcuffed....

we have a guy right down the street who is a lisc. poisonous importer, deals with all the venoms and the like, he has some real pretty specimens, one in particular, i was almost nose to nose with a gaboon viper, short length fat as your upper arm, fangs close to 2 inches long.. i turned and said "hey mark, what do you use to clean the front of the tank" he says "you mean this?" and he held up a hunk of glass.. yep open tank .. talk about BACKPEDAL!!!!   oh dont worry he is devenomed.. dont care, dont want the fang holes!

Facebook Comments